i want to start getting upgrades for my guitar but i cnt decide on if i should get a new amp or a multi effect pedal. The amp i am currently using is an epiphone studio10. The amp i want to get is a 30W Line 6 Spider 3. The multieffect pedal i want to get is either a digitech rp350 or a line 6 floor pod plus. what do you think i should get?
Get the RP350, you won't be disappointed. Look on Craigslist near you locally, you might find a deal. I got mine for $115 from someone in the same town. SCREAMIN' DEAL!!!

The pedal will make ANY current amp you have sound awesome. When practicing I use just a 15 watt Fender and it sounds sweet with the RP350. Keep in mind that you'll want to use the pedal with a clean channel since all of your effects will come from the pedal (distortion, chorus, flange, etc.).
get a peavey vypr.

dont waste your time with the line 6 spider and dont get the rp350. Used to have one. its not great at all.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
The RP355 is almost out and adds a 20 sec looper for the same price as the RP350.

You don't really want to buy a Spider modeling amp to go with a multifx pedal. If you want to go that route then get the Vypyr 30 and Sampera pedal.
do u kno when the rp355 comes out? also wht kind of amps go well with the rp355?
Last edited by salrap10 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by salrap10
do u kno when the rp355 comes out? also wht kind of amps go well with the rp355?

You completely ignored sg622's advice, huh?

He's right. A Spider + a multi effects pedal will sound like CRAP. If you get a Vypyr, you'll have good tone AND some good starter effects. Get the Vypyr.
Quote by salrap10
Don't know. But it's on all the major online music retail web sites with a note saying that it's not shipping yet. That makes it a bad time to buy a RP350.
Here is a better idea
Buy neither of them.........

just buy a Peavey Vypyr and add a Sanpera II footwitch for the looper/wah/tuner etc....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by GNRjungle87
You completely ignored sg622's advice, huh?

He's right. A Spider + a multi effects pedal will sound like CRAP. If you get a Vypyr, you'll have good tone AND some good starter effects. Get the Vypyr.

Ya ur right. im starting to get interested in the vypyr 30W/sanpera II combo. But what about a line 6 spider 3 30W with a Line 6 floor pod plus?
Last edited by salrap10 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by salrap10
Ya ur right. im starting to get interested in the vypyr 30W/sanpera II combo. But what about a line 6 spider 3 30W with a Liune 6 floor pod plus?

The Vypyr is WAY better than the Spider.
Quote by GNRjungle87
The Vypyr is WAY better than the Spider.

alrite thnx for the advice man :-). ill be definitly lookin in the the vyper 30W/Sanpera II. my only concern is tht the pedals and amp looks rly confusing but ill get the hang of it. ive only been playin for about 8 months self taught so im still kinda a noobie :P
Quote by cr4zy4w3s0m3k1d
the spider III is ****.
get the pedal, then save up for a really nice amp 8)

i was gonna do the other way around, buy the vyper amp and then in a few months the pedal.
^why buy a MultiFX pedal if you already have a GOOD Modeling amp ???
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^why buy a MultiFX pedal if you already have a GOOD Modeling amp ???

because it broke. and is the studio 10 amp really tht good?
^ i dont understand.........

what amp are you buying??
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ i dont understand.........

what amp are you buying??

i currently own an epiphone studio 10 amp(which broke). now i either want to buy a peavy 30W vypyr amp with a sanpera II pedal, or a 30W Line 6 Spider 3 with a Line 6 Floor Pod Plus pedal. im prolly going with the peavy tho.
get the Peavey 30 +sanpera II
and dont ever buy a multi effects again..........
modeling amp (vypyr)+multiFX=Crap
and the floor pod is isnt even a footswitch to the spider
feel free to add me
Quote by fly135
The RP355 is almost out and adds a 20 sec looper for the same price as the RP350.

You don't really want to buy a Spider modeling amp to go with a multifx pedal. If you want to go that route then get the Vypyr 30 and Sampera pedal.

It's actually $50 more
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.