Poll Options
View poll results: Has chris cornell sold out
Yes
104 61%
No
67 39%
Voters: 171.
Page 1 of 2
I was flicking through the music channels today and his new song with timberland or whatever his name is was on all the time, so pit i ask you has he sold out or is he just experimenting and trying new stuff.
I have a lot of mates on both sides but my personal opinion is that hes just experimenting.

Discuss?

edit heres a link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxTlTXqh4g4
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Last edited by GuitarManDan15 at Feb 17, 2009,
Nope, he's just been crap since after the first Audioslave album
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Yeah, I mean he's making music?

What an absolute twat.

Grow the **** up.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
No, his styles evolving. Or what ever kids call it these days.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
To me, he is. I loved hit music ever since Temple of The dog. His first solo album was brilliant, but this is pure crap.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by hugh20
No, his styles Devolving. Or what ever kids call it these days.

Fixed
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Explain how his music is evolving if someone else is writing it.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Yeah, I mean he's making music?

What an absolute twat.

Grow the **** up.

woo big man on campus, you sound like a moron, basically, this thread wasnt spam he's making for a discussion on the guy, so chill out.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Where is the whatever option?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
It's timbaland's influence. Whatever he touches turns to hiphop. I personally think this is no bad thing, and I respect Chris Cornell for doing it as long as it's his decision and not anybody elses.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
if you go by terms, there are thousands of artists that are sell outs, i mean half of the punk bands around support theories that wouldn't allow them to sign for a big record company, but there they go.

Anyway, who cares about that, i like his voice a lot, but not all of his music is good.
That's what matters to me
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
After his first solo album Chris sold his soul to the devil. True story.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by AthenasGhost
woo big man on campus, you sound like a moron, basically, this thread wasnt spam he's making for a discussion on the guy, so chill out.

No one said it was spam you dolt. I just answered TS's question, he can do whatever he bloody likes and doesn't need greasy teenagers saying "omgzorz wut a sellout lol"
so what if he wants to do it?
No one on these boards is gonna buy it and actually yesterday it came on the telly and I said to my sister "What's Chris Cornell doing in this sort of video?" and she said "Who the ****'s Chris Cornell?"

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
You know what? Why the shit does it matter even if he is "selling out"? He's doing what he goddamn pleases, which much more than you can say for yourself.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Who's Chris Cornell?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Where is the 'I don't give a fúck if someone's a sell out' and 'Who the hell is Chris Cornell?' option?

Quote by Froboarder
Who's Chris Cornell?

you have got to be trolling...
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Wtf was that?

It sucks...either way.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You know what? Why the shit does it matter even if he is "selling out"? He's doing what he goddamn pleases, which much more than you can say for yourself.

Ruining the radio airwaves.

You cannot turn on the radio these days without crappy music like that showing up everywhere. The radio bastards have even started to use good songs in their commercials; they cue up good songs so you think that they will be played, but they cut the songs off at the last minute and play a bullet for my crapentine (clever, eh?) song.

For example, recently I was listening to the radio and they cued up the intro to land of confusion by Disturbed, but it turned out that it was only just there for background music and they instead started to play 18 days by saving abel. *shudder*
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Last edited by ScottElwood at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by jimivancobain
you have got to be trolling...

Actually, I never troll.
I just don't watch TV or follow current music.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Xiaoxi

It matters because generally, as an accomplished songwriter, you don't get someone else to write your songs and change genre.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Chris Cornell has earned the right to do whatever the Hell he wants. Anybody ever hear of a band called Soundgarden?
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
Last edited by The Jolly Llama at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by ScottElwood
Ruining the radio airwaves.

You cannot turn on the radio these days without crappy music like that showing up everywhere. The radio bastards have even started to use good songs in their commercials; they cue up good songs so you think that they will be played, but they cut the songs off at the last minute and play a bullet for my crapentine (clever, eh?) song.

For example, recently I was listening to the radio and they cued up the intro to land of confusion by Disturbed, but it turned out that it was only just there for background music and they instead started to play 18 days by saving abel. *shudder*

then turn off the ****ing radio
He's a horrible singer either way.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Meh.

Personally i dont mind it. I like all kinds of music, so i only listen to how catchy it is, or how skilled the musicians are. I dont really put down genres unless they annoy me to the point of violent rage.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Quote by daeqwon10000
then turn off the ****ing radio

Not an option when I am in a car that doesn't have a cd player and I want to listen to music. I would rather listen to crap than the wind blowing.
Quote by ScottElwood
Not an option when I am in a car that doesn't have a cd player and I want to listen to music. I would rather listen to crap than the wind blowing.

buy a cd player
Quote by GodofCheesecake
He's a horrible singer either way.

Seriously?

I really don't care anymore. I like Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog, but I'm not really a fan of his solo stuff or Audioslave. I'm disappointed that he's drifting away from his rock roots, but I'm not really bothered by it.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Nah, i think he just lost it, possibly when he sobered up lol. Everything he did since Soundgarden has ranged from mediocre to bad imho.

But this Timbaland collab is on a whole new level of awful. It takes a special kind of commitment to make something this ****ing lame. So in a way, i'm impressed.
Musicians need to make a living, too.

Calling musicians sell-outs for trying to make more money is like calling an accountant a sell-out for taking a promotion.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I do think he has sold out a little bit.. I mean yeah, of course he's trying a new style! Nothing wrong with that.

But the thing is there is no talent with what he's singing, it's just the general stereotype about girls, and girls ****ing you over. Big deal.

I still appreciate him as a musician for what he has moulded in the past anyway.
i personally think an accomplished songwriter should be able to write songs that are not confined to a single genre.
while it's not my favorite stuff out there, i respect the man for branching out and trying new things.
The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
-1 John 2:17
Page 1 of 2