I started a band.

Just got a drummer and a singer.

The singer let another guitarist join the band, this guitarist is talented, better than me, but he doesnt like playing modern rock like BFMV and Trivium, and hates it.

Me and the drummer mainly want to play modern stuff, the singer doesnt mind.

Would it be wrong to kick out this guitarist, whos just joined, so me and the drummer cna play our preferred music?
majority vote - democracy works

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Majority rules man. If you're not all wanting to make/play the same type of music then I'd say get rid of whoever is causing trouble. Since he's new that shouldn't be too much trouble (no emotional ties to the band, blah, blah, blah, etc.)
Set your motives clear to him. Let him know that if he's in this band they're gonna go in the direction that you and the drummer want it to, which is the modern style and if he really hates it that much then tell him he's in the wrong band.
u could say the singer mistook the words 'joining permanently' and 'audition' mixed up. by treating a jam as an audition u have an argument for not inviting someone back if it doesnt work out. i found this a valuable lesson wen making a band and it takes away a lot of stress.
Quote by Tyler Durden
majority vote - democracy works

This.

Don't do it Chinese style though, otherwise it'll take 14 bloody years for an answer.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
This.

Don't do it Chinese style though, otherwise it'll take 14 bloody years for an answer.

And the outcome will be inevitably ****.
definately make it clear the reason you started the band was the type of music you want to play. No need for fallings out, just tell this other guitarist that unfortunately, if he doesnt want to play that kind of music, then your band is not the band for him.

He then has his own choice and if he chooses to leave and takes the singer then fair play to them both. At least you will know you have a drummer who wants to play what you want to play and you can start searching again.

just next time make it clear from the outset the type of music you will be playing.
What have you been playing so far if he dislikes your taste in music?
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I started a band.

Just got a drummer and a singer.

The singer let another guitarist join the band, this guitarist is talented, better than me, but he doesnt like playing modern rock like BFMV and Trivium, and hates it.

Me and the drummer mainly want to play modern stuff, the singer doesnt mind.

Would it be wrong to kick out this guitarist, whos just joined, so me and the drummer cna play our preferred music?

er... sounds like you've already got an answer.
If he wants to be in the band, he'll have to play the genre of music you've already been playing.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I'll agree with the majority, as the last guy that joined, and seeing as how your band already had a defined direction, it really is up to the other guy to either tow the line or leave, but, I would also advise you to consider what he can bring to the group.
Strange as it may sound coming from the singer of a tribute band, it's not all about putting a band together so that you can sound just like your favourite bands. If you want to be creative, then inspiration needs to come from different places than what you're necessarily used to.
I'm not telling you to change your style because that's a purely personal choice for you to make, but it's always worth pointing out that the most successful groups in the world are generaly bands that have taken lots of different influences and tied them together to make something new and original.
This guy might just be giving you the opportunity to do something new and original by combining your influences.
As someone who has personally been in that guitarist's exact place (except that I play bass), I would say just tell him that if he doesn't like it then it's not going to work out. I jammed with a band that wanted to play quite a bit of stuff I wasn't interested in until I eventually got tired of it and quit.

Alternately, don't kick him out and don't listen to him or give him any kind of input as to the direction of the band and like me he'll leave on his own. (I hope I don't sound bitter :p)
Hahaaa.

His dad's best mate is a luthier, which is pretty cool.

Anyway I might have found another guitarist, but he is 2 years younger than all of us, is this a problem?