i don't reckon this'll kill them, but every now and then on my gibson sg i'll take my index or middle finger and press on the string between the tunomatic and the stop to bend the pitch ever so slightly. i was just wondering if that was bad for the strings or bridge?
not at all

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Not bad unless you press down as hard as you possibly can, which the only thing that might happen is a broken string and a hurt finger.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
I think your okay.

FYI playing anything anyway is bad for your strings, thats why their only 10 bucks
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
nothing is bad about that at all, some guitarists do it for effect due to the lack of tremelo
When the string breaks its bad Then you will learn the limit for how much you can push/pull.
can do it behind the nut to. probably easier to bend the pitch behind the nut vs the bridge
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
You can wear them slightly, but the main problem is that bending there can easily throw off your tuning
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12