I have a general question about guitar sponsorship. How difficult is it to be sponsored by any company? I suppose different companies have different standards. I always thought it'd be cool to be sponsored, regardless if a guitar brand allows you to create a custom guitar for free or not.

Is anyone here sponsored? What is your experience with sponsorships?

I'm not looking at being sponsored, but I'm interested to see what people have to say about being sponsored by a company.
Im sure there is a guy here with dean as a sponser and Rob Chappers is sponsered by ESP so just send them a PM.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
You would have to be pretty well-known among the guitar playing community, as well as the public at large, to make it happen, although I don't think most of them have exact figures.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Companies always go for the money.
So if they see you're a potential to make money...they're gonna sponsor you

That's how i think about it.
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Companies always go for the money.
So if they see you're a potential to make money...they're gonna sponsor you

That's how i think about it.

This if an unknown artist gets sponsered, it's because the company can see them getting big and giving away guitars half off to them really isnt costing them much.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Feb 17, 2009,
Guitar companies don't sponsor you because they think you're good. They sponsor you for your fans.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Dammn i'd love to be sponsored by someone like Ibanez or Gibson.. you'd just be able to get really top of the range guitars for cheapp.. it'd be awesomee.
Quote by alternitivebass
This if an unknown artist gets sponsered, it's because the company cant see them getting big and giving away guitars half off to them really isnt costing them much.

That's the thing. I've seen some brands like Schecter and BC Rich sponsor players that I've never even heard of. Or maybe there are certain levels of sponsorship, and it takes popularity to work your way up that ladder.
Its real easy to get sponsered by Halo Guitars, but like, I dont play the right kind of music to use a guitar like that.

My band is sponsered by Eminence Speakers though, and Saluda Symbols, Darkhorse Drums, Silverfox Sticks, and a bunch of small clothing companies.

Its real easy if youre in a band, pretty much put a banner on your bands myspace or wear their clothing.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by JP Oliver
That's the thing. I've seen some brands like Schecter and BC Rich sponsor players that I've never even heard of. Or maybe there are certain levels of sponsorship, and it takes popularity to work your way up that ladder.
you might be getting endorsed and sponsored confused.

Endorsements are something lots of players and brands share, even underground bands and small brands. The guitarist says they use X gear so the brand gets free advertising, the brand says that X guitarist uses their gear so the guitarist gets free advertising.

Sponsorship is when a brand actively wants you to use their stuff and gives you more incentive to do so, e.g. by selling their stuff to you at much cheaper prices than usual or sometimes even giving you gear for free. You get the advantage of getting lots of good gear free/cheap. The trade-off is you have to use that gear, even if later you find another brand you actually like more. For the brand, it won't matter to them if they give away a couple of guitars, and they get a long time of strong advertising thanks to you.

Nearly anyone can say they endorse a certain brand and get endorsed by a brand, very few people ever get actual sponsorship deals though. There are people touring the world with albums in the charts who only have endorsement deals, and not sponsorship deals.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
you might be getting endorsed and sponsored confused.

Endorsements are something lots of players and brands share, even underground bands and small brands. The guitarist says they use X gear so the brand gets free advertising, the brand says that X guitarist uses their gear so the guitarist gets free advertising.

Sponsorship is when a brand actively wants you to use their stuff and gives you more incentive to do so, e.g. by selling their stuff to you at much cheaper prices than usual or sometimes even giving you gear for free. You get the advantage of getting lots of good gear free/cheap. The trade-off is you have to use that gear, even if later you find another brand you actually like more. For the brand, it won't matter to them if they give away a couple of guitars, and they get a long time of strong advertising thanks to you.

Nearly anyone can say they endorse a certain brand and get endorsed by a brand, very few people ever get actual sponsorship deals though. There are people touring the world with albums in the charts who only have endorsement deals, and not sponsorship deals.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. But really, the differences aren't that far apart. Sure you get stuff discounted for being a sponsor, but that seems like the only big difference between the two.

Plus, relating to your last point, I think if you're touring around the world and are NOT getting sponsorship deals, I think it's more because you don't want a sponsorship, so you have the freedom of using different equipment.