Whats the quality issue with instruments made in Asia for example compared to like Mexico or the US? I know American made guitars are considered the best made, but the one I'm looking into getting is made in Korea, how's that affect the quality if at all?
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Japanese Fenders are supposed to be the best value out of Fenders. I'm not too sure about other companies, my Ibanez was made in Indonesia and it seems solid enough
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I bought a Korean made Washburn eight years ago, and it's still the guitar I depend on most.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
My Ibanez that I've had a few years was made in Indonesia and seems ok, I'm going to get a Schecter that is made in Korea.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
It depends on the manufacturer. (not the brand)

Anything made by Cort is usually pretty good.
Nope, no sig here.
ive noticed that the fender geddy lee j-bass is made in japan, i played it and the neck and the fretboard felt like it had too much lacquer, other than that....very nice and only 560$...i also picked up a MIM jazz, nice....except all three control knobs felt like s@#$, I then proceeded to play a squire jazz, the nut looked sloppy, and the tone not as sweeet as the MIM, however, the three control knobs were very smooth when rotated. does anyone have any feedback...mind u, that these were all floor models.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Lakland Skylines are made in Korea and Indonesea, and the quality is normally higher than American Fenders. A lot of Japanese-made instruments are of superb quality, such as Fender Japan and ESP.

And from my perspective, Germany is overseas....
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
well both of the guitars i own are made iin korea and thae bass i own is also. but i used to own a guitar made in america. i really dont think it matters where it is made, it matters more about what the company's quality standards are.

never buy a dean, btw, i got a dean once and it ****ing sucked.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
it doesn't depend on where it's made it depends on what brand it is.

an indonesian lakland is a million times better than an indonesian squier
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Its all the manufacturer, not the location. Almost all Fender sig models are made in Japan - my Marcus Miller jazz is MIJ, and Marcus Miller's are regarded by some here on the bass forums as the best jazz bass fender makes.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Just recently got a Fender Jazz 24 made in Korea and its a quality instrument. I think the greatest thing you have to fear with an overseas guitar isnt so much the quality of materials but more the quality control in construction. Generally a good idea to just find one in a shop somewhere and see what you think.