is this 1 any good? http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAD50VTXL Im thinking about ordering it, maybe to replace my crate (to much dam bass), and can it handle pedals? I've read reviews on different sites, all where good, but I figure I'd ask on here..TIA
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
the Peavey Vypyr can beat the crap out of them.........
what is your budget for an amp???
and seeing that you have a Metal Muff im guessing metal right???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i dont like VOX ad......but every1 else here seems to! Please try it before you buy. And it sucks for metal tbh.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the Peavey Vypyr can beat the crap out of them.........
what is your budget for an amp???
and seeing that you have a Metal Muff im guessing metal right???

Beat me to it this time...

Yeah the Vypyr will be better, but modeling amps don't take pedals well at all.
Some pedals should be ok, others not so much. Always try first... You don't want to buy a pedal and find it dosen't work well... Also your not going to want to use distorions with it. That defeats the object of the built in amp models.

I don't know too much about the XL series and am going from what I know about the ADxxVT series. I'm pretty sure they benefit from an EQ in the FX loop like the non XL models. It's like taking a blanket off the amp.

I'm assuming your budget is quite tight.
What are you going to be using it for?

[Edit] As the others have said, the Vypyr would be better for metal, Vox aren't known for their Br00talZ amps
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Feb 17, 2009,
Well, it can do metal well enough as well as some more classic tones. Whether you like it better than a Peavey Vypyr you'll have to find out yourself. A big plus of this amp is the 2x12" speaker configuration - imo a good bass response is important for metal and rock sounds and the 2x12" configuration will help with that. On the other hand, it will be a biatch to lug around.

I don't think your metal tones will improve with this amp. Your Crate and Metal Muff will give you an equally good, if not better sound. You will gain versatility though. If you want that that's fine, but I'd consider getting a few extra stompboxes instead of buying the amp, that'll give you more versatility as well. All in all I don't see why you'd really need that amp with the gear you have now.
I play from 70's to current rock/metal, well try to anyway.. no gigs, just practice, and with friends, but im obsessed with tone, I have the Metal Muff, but wasnt to crazy bout it, as for budget, i could go jcm8-900 or 6505, krankinstien, well the big 1's, but i dont need that, fav band queensryche..Thanks all
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
Thanks Quialman, must of posted at the same time, well im willing to try other suggestions, which 1s do u recommend? as for boxes and settings im lost
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
If you have the money to buy a better amp you should at least consider it, seeing as you have some nice guitars already. I don't know Queensryche's sound unfortunately, so what genres do you want to play? And how much exactly are you willing to spend? Is going used and option for you?
basic ac/dc older stuff bonn scott era, sum zepp, queensryche, if u can check theres out, then up to disturbed, like i said for the amount i play, not worth buying a real good amp, budget 500 give or take
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
Your getting a SS modelling amp to use with a JEM?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Your getting a SS modelling amp to use with a JEM?

Don't listen to him. ^

Look into the Blackheart Little Giant, it handles pedals VERY well, it's all tube, and it is most likely quiet enough for bedroom practice. Great amp overall.
You could try to get your hands on a used Peavey Classic 50 for that money. It works nicely for crunch tones, Zepp and AC/DC should sound fine through it. It will hardly sound right for metal though, so you'd need a booster or your metal muff for that.

A used Laney VC30 would also be an option, it'd have to be boosted for high gain sounds just like the peavey though. I'd stay away from high gain amps like a 6505 or a Krank, they work for metal fine, but classic rock just sounds average through them.

A used Engl Thunder might be an option also. It should cost you between 500$ and 600$. Imo it has enough gain for occasional metal playing and it shines when it comes to crunch, so it should be right up your alley. It's a lot better than the Laney and imo even better than the Peavey Classic, but you should try the amps yourself if you can to make sure which one you like best.

For 500$, there hardly are any amps that will sound much better than your current rig if you buy new. But if you go with one of the used ones I suggested, you should get quite a big improvement.

Quote by GNRjungle87

Look into the Blackheart Little Giant, it handles pedals VERY well, it's all tube, and it is most likely quiet enough for bedroom practice. Great amp overall.

+1

I forgot to ask, how loud does the amp need to be? If you're only going to use it in your bedroom, a small amp like the Blackheart or an ibanez Valbee would suffice. A Laney VC15 would also be worth a look.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 17, 2009,
cool, thanks all, i'll prob look for a used english thunder.
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner