Page 1 of 2
I'm feeling frustrated. My Deluxe Reverb is 22 watts, useless for my favorite genres, Surf and Metal, also my dad doesn't want me to buy a new amp. I'm really dissas
dissatisfied.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Should work for surf...

Crank the reverb on that thing and don't turn it too loud.

Also, if you sell it used, I'm sure your dad will let you buy a new one.
You can't expect your dad to buy you a new amp just because you don't like it. have you tried putting a distortionpedal in front of it?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Stop whining and get a job.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Play the blues, it sounds like you've got it (and the gear for it).
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120
Metal; I can see it.
Surf; It's not the amp, it's the settings; there's no way a Fender tube amp with spring reverb and a stratocaster do surf wrong. It's almost impossibly to go wrong with Surf with that combo.

It's got one of the greatest clean channels I've heard, try getting a good distortion for metal and hooking it up.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by lespaul#1
I'm feeling frustrated. My Deluxe Reverb is 22 watts, useless for my favorite genres, Surf and Metal, also my dad doesn't want me to buy a new amp. I'm really dissas
dissatisfied.

Wha? If I didn't know you better I would think you are trolling! What do you mean it isn't good for Metal?

Seriously though - why isn't it good for surf? Not enough headroom with a drummer?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Rather than get a big new amp, just get a pedal, a cheap digitech RP multi-effects is good, i barely have to crank my amp and it blows everyone away
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
I would buy the new amp. I can't sell it, I'm too attached. With a gain pedal, the low end is way too loose, and ends up breaking up too early for either genres.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by AvAHixson
Rather than get a big new amp, just get a pedal, a cheap digitech RP multi-effects is good, i barely have to crank my amp and it blows everyone away

no. absolutely not.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Grow a pair, buy a new amp yourself, or just suck it up.

Stop making ridiculously stupid threads.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by lespaul#1
I would buy the new amp. I can't sell it, I'm too attached. With a gain pedal, the low end is way too loose, and ends up breaking up too early for either genres.

Buy an EQ pedal then. I've seen a 7-band Danelectro Fish-n-Chips for $30, and that'll work decently until you have enough to buy somehting like an MXR 6-or 10-band EQ.

Quote by lespaul#1

I take it you are trying to push it with an OD pedal. Which will not be enough in this case. You need to get a good distortion pedal.
you dad wont LET you?

grow some pubes

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Try tube distortion pedals, but again, headroom could be an issue since the power amp wouldn't working much, you need to puch the tubes through to get the real deal, keep the fender, learn to use it for surf, then get your paws on a good crankable amp for metal, no way one amp's going to do your 2 faves, it'S like wanting heaven & hell (no pun).
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
For one, Wattage doesn't mean too much over then over-all power. So the fact that it's 22 watts is redundant. I have NO idea how you can;t get surf out of your amp, Plug in something with some single coils crank the treble and reverb and tremolo pick it to hell or boost the bass and mids and suck out some mids for a surf chording style.

For metal? Just get a good distortion pedal, I've played the blues junior (15 watts 1x12) and pushed a high quality distortion pedal through it and it was great.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Anyone saying get a job, I am going to, but cannot get to GC without a ride. Even with a high gain OD.

Edit: Grow some? I'm 15, how the hell do I buy a $1,000+ behind his back?
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by lespaul#1
Anyone saying get a job, I am going to, but cannot get to GC without a ride. Even with a high gain OD.

you cant get a ride to guitar center even with a high gain od?
I may not even have a job. . It's headroom Greg, it breaks up too early before I can guy with it (from what I've heard.) I had a good job, working for family, but don't know of I can do it this summer. If I need a pedal, reccomendations, I'd prefer an OD.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I may not even have a job. . It's headroom Greg, it breaks up too early before I can guy with it (from what I've heard.)

it breaks up too early before I can guy with it? What?
Sorry, I'm using an iPod Touch, before I can gig with it.
Quote by chip46
The house is in Hawaii. I kind of established the pedal thing, if the amp breaks up with a distortion, is it usable? And what pedal?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Sorry, I'm using an iPod Touch, before I can gig with it.
DRRI and and iPOD touch.

1 - Don't believe what anyone else tells you. I have friends that gig with BJr's. Sure (Shure ) they mic them, and they have great tone.
2 - Don't turn your nose up at distortion pedals, they are designed to do what you want. IbanezPsycho is right, as usual.
3 - Did you ever try swapping preamp tubes to get more headroom? Also a higher efficiency speaker should get you some additional headroom. An extension cab would help you push more air and split the signal between the speakers, which would help as well.
You are clearly an idiot....your amp is fine. Your posts make little sense and are hard to comprehend.

Stop whining about your decent amp and learn how to play your instrument.
If the amp breaks up at 5, with those mods, when would it break up?

Edit: I would appreciate it if you didn't insult me over some typos on a touch screen keyboard.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1

Edit: I would appreciate it if you didn't insult me over some typos on a touch screen keyboard.

So does having a touch screen deter you from proofreading as well?

And the only way around your little issue is getting a distortion pedal. Even the best OD in the world will not make that amp into a metal beast. Get over it, realize it and stop your whinning.
Quote by lespaul#1

Hard to say exactly, but later on the dial for sure. Maybe not that much but some.
To IbanezPyscho, not Greg, You made a typo, are you in idiot now?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1

His post made sense, a lot of yours do not.

You just made a typo as well genius.
Quote by nightraven
there is no better amp for surf than the deluxe reverb

I missed this earlier. Super Reverb, twin, Brownfaces or basically most pro series fenders with more wattage/headroom - which is pretty vital to surf. But if you mic the DRRI, it's damn good for it agreed.
I never insulted Ibanez, he's given me good advice, just wondering why everyone is so uptight, on topic, would the Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion work?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1

But yet, I dont get called out for my grammar like yourself... See the correlation...

Ohh by the way, what the hell is a "IN IDIOT"...
Quote by lespaul#1

No, but I am. It's quite nice this time of year.

Also, I said it once, I'll say it again. Dist. + EQ pedal.

Quote by lespaul#1
I never insulted Ibanez, he's given me good advice, just wondering why everyone is so uptight, on topic, would the Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion work?

Because we cant understand what you are talking about, truly wanting or need. Your frustrating us.......

We tell you what to get and give you good advise, but you turn your nose up to it..
Ibanez, no hard feelings? You've been awefully helpful to me over time. So, the Digitecb Metal pedal has a switch for tightness, could that be used instead of an EQ? I never rejected advice, so long as "stop whining" isn't advice.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Ibanez, no hard feelings? You've been awefully helpful to me over time. So, the Digitecb Metal pedal has a switch for tightness, could that be used instead of an EQ?

It's all good and I can care less about grammar. But I do hate when people make up excuses about it for no reason. Just say opps and move on..

Stay away from the Digi Metal pedal. Stick with something like a metal muff or for super tight attack you can go with the Line 6 uber. But there are a ton more out there. And you should have to worry about looseness with a distortion pedal its not like a OD which is mainly used to push your amp into its saturation point or mimic it.
Ok, a $99 Metal Muff should work?
Quote by chip46
Page 1 of 2