I used the searchbar and couldnt find a topic.

So i made this one.

I honestly think that Despised Icon is one of the greatest if not the greatest deathcore band. Seriously, Badass lyrics, Two Badass Vocalist, Awsome Breakdowns.

What i like especially about them is that they mix those 'hardcore' kind of vocal and 'heavier vocals' whit the other singer.

Well they are great.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Could someone please tell me what the appeal of this band is? I've listened to A Fractured Hand and This Sunset Will Never Charm Us and nothing really stood out to me.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
F'ing love this band, they're so good. It's good that they try to make un-generic Deathcore. It's just a shame they use bree's alot in their songs.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
F'ing love this band, they're so good. It's good that they try to make un-generic Deathcore. It's just a shame they use bree's alot in their songs.

They use pigsqueal pretty well. Ex : Furtive Monologue

FACEBOOK
Yeah, that's probably the only song I like them in. They're planning to start to writing a new album after their tour with Carnifex and Beneath the Massacre.
Last edited by TheBabySnatcher at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Yeah, that's probably the only song I like them in. They're planning to start to write a new album after their tour with Carnifex and Beneath the Massacre.

Gonna see them the 1 march at montreal

Cant ****ing wait, Alex is my best friend cousin so i think i could meet the band or something like this. Hope they are cool guys

FACEBOOK
Ah sweet dude. I'd like to see them lean more towards Death Metal than Hardcore for the new album.
Another pretty awesome Canadian band! I really like A Fractured Hand and I learned to pig squeal from listening to them lmao
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Ah sweet dude. I'd like to see them lean more towards Death Metal than Hardcore for the new album.

I dont want em to change. They merge both style perfectly.

FACEBOOK
I've listened to a couple songs and liked em. I want to download some albums which should I?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Could someone please tell me what the appeal of this band is? I've listened to A Fractured Hand and This Sunset Will Never Charm Us and nothing really stood out to me.

It's been said, but they're the definition of deathcore. This band has awesome hooks.

I was going to see them Saturday, but I think I'm going to skip it. I just don't really feel like going, but I know I'll regret it in the future.
Quote by Hcmanu
I dont want em to change. They merge both style perfectly.

Yeah but don't you think it's getting a bit boring now?
I love Despised Icon, they have some pretty technical guitar parts too.
She's a song unsung, she's a wild orchid in your ugly swamp.
Saw them with carnifex and beneath the massacre this past Sunday.
Pretty good.
The venue was wierd though and I was exhausted so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I should have
My band was supposed to play that date that they played in Hollywood with Beneath the Massacre and Carnifex. The promoter didnt pull through. I was so ****ing sad BTM is my favorite band. And Despised is SICK SICK SICK. I wish we could've played with them so bad
Quote by MustangMan311
I was going to see them Saturday, but I think I'm going to skip it. I just don't really feel like going, but I know I'll regret it in the future.

Tell me you're still going to The Faceless/Arsis show. I've already gotten Brad and Casey interested.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Saw them play with Suffocation once. I went with my "metal" cousin (everyone has one of those, if you aren't it) and told him that Despised Icon was alright. Fortunately we only caught the end of their set, but it was the second most embarrasing 12 seconds of my life.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Tell me you're still going to The Faceless/Arsis show. I've already gotten Brad and Casey interested.

Ugh, I don't think I can do it, man. I don't want to miss that, because I'm huge fans of the Faceless and I like some Tony Danza, but going out to Raleigh on a Sunday to see five bands with hour long sets at a show that starts at like, 8:30, doesn't really sound like the type of thing my mom would be down with. A Friday or Saturday, and I could pull through, but I don't think this will happen. I'll ask, though.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Listen to Furtive Monologue and Into The Arms of Perdition.
Im fairly sure they have started writing already.
Some guy said he had listened to a jam session or something on this blog..

Anywho,
This band got me into deathcore, and I don't listen to them that much anymore but I respect them.
New album will be interesting.
Quote by Da Squiz
I've listened to a couple songs and liked em. I want to download some albums which should I?

The Ills of Modern Man's a good album.
Quote by I<3Hobos
The Ills of Modern Man's a good album.

Yes sirr,

you're band is pretty sick man!
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Have DI said anything about a release date for the album?

They just said they're ready to record it if i remember correct from one of their Myspace bulletins, though i think they said their DVD is coming out late March, i can't wait!
They start recording on the 7th of march
She's a song unsung, she's a wild orchid in your ugly swamp.
Tbh I don't hear it as pig squealing.

It's sort of different to most pig squealing, bit hard to explain.

And on the new album I bet they will stop doing it, because pig squealing has pretty much died out IMO.
I was supposed to see them march 1st in montreal too, but my boss just called me i gotta work

2 days remaining before their show at montreal !

Cant ****ing wait

FACEBOOK