I've played the dinky and really liked the shape and feel of the neck, i just hate the restricted axcess to the higher frets due to the bolt on.

The soloist has a through body construction which allows easy axcess to the higher frets. I havent been able to find a soloist to try out in my area but I heard the necks are slightly thicker.

Is the because they are painted and glossed?? or are the necks actually thicker/differently shaped??
jacksons have amazing necks...and the compound radius fretboards are really sweet too...dont know about the gloss....its ussually very oily and dont havge much friction..i love my rr3
Jackson only has 2 neck shapes, I think, one regular for most models, or a speed neck for KV's. The reason it might feel slower and a bit thicker is because of the paint/gloss.
I'm not sure if jackson only has 2 different necks..

how does the soloist neck compare to an ESP MH-1000? in term of thickess, shape, and playability?
Quote by Metal.Mal

how does the soloist neck compare to an ESP MH-1000? in term of thickess, shape, and playability?

It's thinner.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
the neck on my SL4 is thicker than my RR3, but Ive played a couple of other RR3s and their neck is as thick as my SL4?

I think every neck is different in some ways, but all of the Jackson necks are thinner than most ESPs
all the jackson necks are nice
My Gear

Guitars: Jackson DK2t ,
Amp: peavey valvking royal 8 - 5 watt combo
Effects: Zoom g2.1u , Line 6 pod xt
Quote by Metal.Mal

THe M1000 neck is thinner than an AMerican Jackson. Very similar to a bolt on Japan Jackson.

ALl the Jackson necks are super fast and comfy. I am sure there are a couple different necks, but if it is a JAckson, it's going to play well.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50