I've been thinking but now I don't know what to get. I'm looking for amp that has kind of the Smashing Pumpkins (Mellon Collie) and Psychedelic type distortion. Since I have a Strat I kind of want this amp to have nice bass and mids, not to crazy about highs. My price range is about 1,000-1,400 USD.

thanks.

p.s. I want some nice blues-like cleans
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
a Marshall Plexi clone????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
a Marshall Plexi clone????

like what?
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by reb_49
like what?

Cieratone Plexi 50........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Egnater Rebel is a good buy. pair it with a good cab and you're set. if you like a nice, tight low end, this is a good amp because a) it uses a SS rectifier, which reduces sag and b) it has a "Tight" switch to tighten up the low end (useful for lower tunings or when you use lots of gain). they run for about 600$, so that should leave you with about 400$ for a cab.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
Egnater Rebel is a good buy. pair it with a good cab and you're set. if you like a nice, tight low end, this is a good amp because a) it uses a SS rectifier, which reduces sag and b) it has a "Tight" switch to tighten up the low end (useful for lower tunings or when you use lots of gain). they run for about 600$, so that should leave you with about 400$ for a cab.

I know you love your Rebel and everything but are you an Egnater salesman or something? EVERY thread I see you post in, no matter what TS wants, you say get a Rebel. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but this guy is looking for CLEANS. Like, super-cleans, and you don't get that with the Rebel. There isn't that much headroom.

TS: The Plexi clone might not be clean enough for you either, it really depends on your definition of clean, but I still recommend that Fender + a Tubescreamer/Tube Driver
Fender SuperSonic, has the nice cleans, and a great modern gain channel.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Fender SuperSonic, has the nice cleans, and a great modern gain channel.

Actually, this is probably a better choice than what I suggested, I didn't see the Smashing Pumpkins part.
Quote by GNRjungle87
I know you love your Rebel and everything but are you an Egnater salesman or something?

no, but maybe i should go for it.

i just suggest it because it does everything, and it's a good price.

Quote by GNRjungle87
...this guy is looking for CLEANS. Like, super-cleans, and you don't get that with the Rebel. There isn't that much headroom.

Really? personally, I love the cleans on my amp, and i can get it pretty loud without breakup. i did switch out the 12AX7s for 12AU7s, though. do that, and you can get more cleans form the amp. and from what iread, he wanted a good overdrive with Blues-like cleans, you can get both from the rebel.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Billy Corgan used a Marshall JCM800 with KT88 power tubes, which he only ran on clean. He got his distortion from a Fender Blender fuzz pedal for the Mellon Collie era. Definitely look into getting one of the reissues, and a JCM800. You'll have to swap the power tubes though, but they'll give you some sweet cleans.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Billy Corgan used a Marshall JCM800 with KT88 power tubes, which he only ran on clean. He got his distortion from a Fender Blender fuzz pedal for the Mellon Collie era. Definitely look into getting one of the reissues, and a JCM800. You'll have to swap the power tubes though, but they'll give you some sweet cleans.

Yeah and he also used a JMP-1 preamp and a Mesa Strategy 500 for Mellon Collie but that sound is going to be damn impossible because I'm not getting a 350 watt poweramp. I need something that would sound close to it.