Is it essentially the same as on electric? or is there different technique?
Same technique, different sound.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
with acoustic you can thump on the body for another sound
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Acoustic basses are so clicky and clacky that slap bass produces a very harsh, unkind tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
yeah, when I try it I can hear a nice popping sound but is definately overpowered by the "click" sound.
It sounds bad by the neck. On an acoustic, it sounds best if you do it near the bridge, about where a Jazz pickup would be on an electric. I know that sounds strange, but that's what sounds best IME.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
It sounds bad by the neck. On an acoustic, it sounds best if you do it near the bridge, about where a Jazz pickup would be on an electric. I know that sounds strange, but that's what sounds best IME.

I do that on an electric too, I prefer the sound and yeah.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i always thought it would be bad to slap on acoustic basses becuase i thought a string might pop out of the the bridge or some junk like that, or since it IS a hollow bodied acoustic. you never know.
Try adding more delay.
^ Huh?

A/E Basses have the same style of bridge as electrics, it's just covered by wood. I guess the saddle's different, but it's still a piece of metal with holes for the strings.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ Huh?

A/E Basses have the same style of bridge as electrics, it's just covered by wood. I guess the saddle's different, but it's still a piece of metal with holes for the strings.

No metal on the bridge on my acoustic bass.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I also dont see any metal...unless it is covered by the wood, but it looks like it is just wood
So I decided to start out my first slap bass song with Higher ground by RHCP lol

Ive only been trying it for 20 min and I can already play it to where it sounds decent. (well the main riff, cant get the "fill ins" yet

When I play it, it sounds the best when I either pop/slap right above the sound hole or closer to the bridge. The problem with the bridge is that I cant pop as hard because the string(s) are under more tension. But then Ive noticed depending on the fret, the place where I slap/pop is better in different places.

I think if I am on frets 1-5ish for example, It sounds better above the sound hole/toward the bridge. But around the 9th fret it sounds better when I slap above the fret board. :/

maybe its just me :/ it probably is