Hey UG,

I live in NH and in all the pawn shops in the Manchester area all have these Telecaster knockoffs with no name. I bought my Dixie Rebel Razorback recently (which has a Floyd), but I've realized it can't handle playing stuff like Slipknot, and it's a pain to downtune to Drop c and then back up to about Drop D. I also know that this isn't good for the strings to constantly do this.

My plan for this knockoff guitar that costs about $70 is to strip it down, put an official FR or something close to that on it, and strip the paint off. I want to give it a black finish with a black pickguard, matching Jim Root's sig. I also want to get the Seymour Duncan Blackouts to put in it.

Do you think this would be a worthwhile project?
My gear:

Dean Dimebag Dixie Rebel Razorback
Ibanez RG220B
Laney HCM60R Amp
Digitech Black 13 Scott Ian Sig Pedal
Morley Classic Wah
if u dont like downtuning with a floyd rose, then y r u putting one on this guitar as well?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by wicket_nirvana
if u dont like downtuning with a floyd rose, then y r u putting one on this guitar as well?

Keep one in C, keep the other in D.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The first thing that you should consider is what body wood the guitar is made if not because of tone just because a solid wood guitar makes more sense to put money into (in my eyes)

You also need to define your idea of "worth while". Will this be a fun project? Yes. Will you feel accomplished and learn a lot after words? Yes. Do you stand to make any sort of money from the mods that you do? Probably not. I personally continuously mod guitars and buy wood for future build and i love it.
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by stratman_13
Keep one in C, keep the other in D.

ahh, stupid me, y didnt i think of that?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
yes, but only if the neck is decently playable.
also, isn't Jim Root's sig white with a black pickguard? or vice-versa?
Positive it's white with a black pickguard...

TS, it's certainly worthwhile, but like TSR said, only do if it the neck is nice.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yeah, the neck is nice, which I found to be pretty suprising for how cheap it is. I think you guys are right about the pick guard, thank you for correcting me.
My gear:

Dean Dimebag Dixie Rebel Razorback
Ibanez RG220B
Laney HCM60R Amp
Digitech Black 13 Scott Ian Sig Pedal
Morley Classic Wah
Jim Root sig comes in black with a white pickguard and maple fretboard or white with a black pickguard and a rosewood fretboard
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.