something's wrong with it, but i don't know how to post my sketch from paint onto the forum. could someone tell me how so i can finally fix this guitar?

edit:

http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/blandguitar/?action=view&current=guitarwiringscetch.jpg

i'm not quite sure what's wrong with this, i'd like help, first time i've wired a guitar
Last edited by blandguitar at Feb 17, 2009,
Woah dude, thats one hard diagram to follow, do you have a photo of it? would be alot easier for us
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
okay, let me see if i can borrow my sisters camera, i'll put a couple pics.

i gotta wait another hour, "its charging" i'll get them up asap. basically i put a on/on toggle with two diodes on one side and a capacitor on the other, normal tone, overdrive. i read about it somewhere. the pickups feed to the volume pots, then the switch, then i put a hot from the pickup selector to the tone, the the output is wired with the ground on the inside thing and the hot on the outside, mono output jack
Last edited by blandguitar at Feb 17, 2009,
Are they humbuchers or single coils?
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
Whats this overdrive thing? Sorry, I'm just A tad confused

2 Humbuckers with 2 wires out of them
Tone volume and overdrive (?)
SPST Switch on/off for overdrive.

Also, you say somethings wrong, do you mean no noise?
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
Last edited by deadringer13 at Feb 17, 2009,
it's an on/on switch, i switch between the capacitor (normal tone), and the two diodes (over drive), one diode is supposed to give distortion, but two should work as an overdrive, well thats what i read somewhere. the humbuckers have 5 wires coming out of them, 2 are grounded, two are connected, and the 5th goes to the hot. and the humbucker parts is right. my feeling is that i did the pots wrong. or maybe i need new pots. lastly yes, i mean no noise whatsoever.
Ah i see!!!! Sorry, one of those days haha.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2w_mt_pp

By the looks of things you are using a single pole single throw, or in normal lingo, an on/off switch. for an on/on switch, liek you described, you would need a Single pole, double throw switch, putting that in place of the cap by the tone knob

I think this would be ok
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
it said on/on but either way that the switch is flipped it doesnt work. i might just scrap the electronics ('cept the pickups) and get concentric and use a rotary with different capacitors and a distortion and overdrive option as well.
Sorry man, I'm new to electronics, but tried to help anyway. All the best with this one though, sounds like an awesome plan.
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
i'm new to them as well, i got a book on understanding guitar wiring, but it hasn't helped me too much... =/ but i can't get a decent photo on my sisters camera of off of my phone. ill draw an actual drawing soon. ill hopefully have it up soon, or tomorrow.
i wired it originally. i used a book, understanding guitar electronics: guitar wiring. but i think it's me that fu**ed it up. i think i'm just gonna use concentric pots and put the tones into a rotary switch to have the option of different capacitors and diodes for the tone.
Quote by blandguitar
i wired it originally. i used a book, understanding guitar electronics: guitar wiring. but i think it's me that fu**ed it up. i think i'm just gonna use concentric pots and put the tones into a rotary switch to have the option of different capacitors and diodes for the tone.

Your diagram is hard to understand, but all you really need to do is find a working diagram and wire it exactly like that diagram shows. For example, this is how it should be wired. Just do that, and you'll bet set.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer