My buddy bought one of these just to have along side his Ibanez Joe Satch. so he could have a simple string-thru set up for down tuning. It was pretty f'n cheap and isn't too bad looking at all. I was always a big fan of the RR's but this doesn't look/feel quite as 'quality' as the more expensive ones of course... but it's definitely not bad at all for the price tag. The jackson pickups were *ok* The action was pretty good and it played pretty decent right out of the shop. Like all V's, not the most ideal if sitting down (and the jack is on the inside of the V, in the way of your knee) and when standing, if you let go of the neck, it falls towards the ground.

EDIT: with that said, its a good deal I'd say. however, I wouldn't buy this one if it was gonna be your main and ONLY guitar.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Last edited by MetalManiac_86 at Feb 17, 2009,
Again, I'd say they are decent as far as quality/output. If you will be playing it a lot you may want to eventually swap them for something more high quality. And as I'm sure you know, it largely depends on what amp you will be running through.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
^quality advice about the amp; don't be fussed about your pickups until you have your amp sorted.
The guitar's alright quality. Suffers from neck dive and finish imperfections but otherwise it's totally playable; there's not a lot of wood so most of the guitar's sound derives from the pickups, but they can be chopped and changed easily (and for a good price too; check out Irongears for a start). I suspect the stock pickups will be simply "okay," though.
I'm using one right now. I really can't compare it to the more exspensive RR's because I've never really played those ones. I like it though. The neck is really great, it lets you play fast and get up and down the neck really quick. I like the pickups. The tone knob keeps falling off it though. Other than that, I like it. I use it for things like Ozzy, Quiet Riot, and Iron Maiden. I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

It does go out of tune for often then any of my other guitars though.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Last edited by Livewire8195 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by Spartan101400
Dean VX, it's a really nice V.

Why are you changing then?