Hey UG

im changing the neck pickup in my epiphone G400 (SG)
however i have a question, out of the stock pickup, there is only 2 wires, one going to the ground on the back of a pot, and one going to the volume pot....
on the new pickup (GFS crunchy rail) there are 4 wires, and following the diagram, they go to:

green - ground
silver - ground
red - white together
black - vol pot

any ideas about why there are 2 less wires on the stock pickup? is it maybe just that the 2 ground wires on the new one are just put together in the stock pickup?

is this a problem or should i just follow the diagram

thanks alot in advance
FightinIrishPJ wrote:

flea in school? oh my....
your old ones were 2 conductor and the new ones are 4 conductor. just follow the diagram and you'll be fine.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
alright
i thought it would be okay just to follow the diagram, but thought id better check

thanks alot matey
FightinIrishPJ wrote:

Now you have 4 conductor wiring (4 wires instead of 2) you can try some new things with your pickup, like splitting the coils, series/parallel and other cool stuff. Enjoy the new Crunchy Rail goodness!
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
yay, ive wired it all up and its working
not done anything special like deadringer has suggested, just wired it up simply following the diagram.

sounds good, altough only using one string cos i havent got another set of strings to put on it haha

im going to get a new bridge pickup soon, now i am confident of wiring that was my first time

anyone want pics by the way? it does look rather sexy

thanks for the help

Jon
FightinIrishPJ wrote:

When have we ever said no to pics, eh? Put 'em up!
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
ill have pics up tomorrow

im looking forward to getting the bridge crunchy rail now, guitarfetish are out of stock right now

not fairrr

getting new strings tomorrow, so i will put them on and then have pics up
FightinIrishPJ wrote:

Here are pictures of my new pickup installation

id say it looks rather sexy... and yes the guitar does only have one string on it
one string guitars FTW! (getting new set of strings today haha)

FightinIrishPJ wrote:

Nice, how do those sound?
And what kind of music do you play?
I'm planning on changing the pups on my G400 too.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
it sounds great, waiting till guitarfetish have the bridge one back in stock and i'll let you know how the both sound

i play all sorts of stuff, but use this for more metal based music, and it sounds great for it

very easy to install too
FightinIrishPJ wrote: