---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
i love my Line 6 Variax 300. Doesnt play like gold, but its my starter guitar, and ive had it for 2 years now and its been through alot. From when i was just learning how to play smoke on the water to playing Bring me the Horizon and Augst burns red and what not. Its got stories and il always love er for that. Although i do think i love my new ESP more...
I had a Monterey Les Paul Copy when I started out... I don't have it anymore, but I miss it, for how much it cost it was actually a pretty nice guitar when the G string didn't go out of tune ^_^
I liked my Squier Strat...I honestly think that if I change the pickups sometime, it won't be half bad.
Quote by bornfidelity
There's a wonderful story hidden behind a certain link in my sig

I liked you story. You should publish it .
I abosultely despise mine. If I wasn't saving up for band camp, I would drop my 250 bucks on an Agile RIGHT NOW.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
My friend's Squier Strat was pretty good, I must say.
Now if that was MY first guitar, then I don't think I might've wanted another, a top branded one.
Well I kind of splurged (by comparison to your price range, about $450) on my first guitar and I love it to death. When I go to guitar stores and play an Ibanez, Jackson, or LTD that is nearly double the cost I still don't think they're as good as my guitar.
Last edited by Shabadoo at Feb 17, 2009,
My first was a Johnson strat knock off, I sold it to some friends who were just starting out, but I'm in the process of buying it back, I do miss it sometimes since I had it for so long.

I think I'm going to mod the crap out of it when I get it back...maybe get some new parts and make a Frankenstrat.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
My Jay Turser strat knock-off doesn't feel much different to me than my Fender American strat. But it doesn't sound too good....
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
I still love my first guitar more than any other I've owned... though to be fair it was a £800 guitar. I didn't start on Squier Bullets and whatever so I suppsoe my view of 'starting gear' is heavily skewed.

Though I have bought a few 'strater' guitars since then just to mess around with and practise modding. I don't think I've kept a single one longer than two months. They're all really flat, dull, souless buggers.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Well my first was a Gibson SG Standard, so I don't think I qualify for this thread. Regardless, I still love it to death.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
My first guitar is an Ibanez GAX-75 that I bought almost 5 years ago for about $240. Even after 5 years I still play it, I played it yesterday and may jam on it again later this evening.

The GAX-75 has a very comfortable neck and with the guitarfetish pickups I put on it, it sounds pretty cool too. I know it's a starter guitar but I still love playing it. I'm easy to please when it comes to guitars I guess.

I'd never consider selling this guitar, both for sentimental reasons, and because it's a plain ol' nice guitar, even for after my beginning stages.
I really don't qualify, because my dad saved up for a gibson les paul custom back in the 80's, and just passed it on to me. But I do love it to death as well!
My HSS Squier is good for Drop B.

I can swing it happily without caring if it breaks.
ಠ_ಠ
I wish I still had my OLP starter guitar. I truly believe that those are the best starter guitars (along with tursers) It was ugly as sin but, I loved it. I sold it along with my first amp (a used Peavey Bandit 65) and $50 to pay for almost half of the Vox ADVT120 that me and my dad went splits on.

I felt like I wasted my money on that amp after I got a cube 30x for $200 less and it was just as good.
UG's Prodigal Son
My first guitar cost $200 and was a Ibanez. It was pretty good but way too heavy for me. I actually can't remember where it is now, I think I lost it...lol....
It's a piece of crap.

My Jackson blows it out of the water.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by bluenetworx
My first guitar cost $200 and was a Ibanez. It was pretty good but way too heavy for me. I actually can't remember where it is now, I think I lost it...lol....

How can you lose a guitar?

I didn't even think Ibanez made heavy guitars.
My first and only guitar right now is my ESP ltd 100FM. I am quite fond of it. I've only been playing for a little over a year and I think we're coming along. I think I'll be ready for a new one in about a year and a half, so I've been putting aside ten bucks a week since the start of the year and will continue to do so for another year and a half to two years, then I think my skill level will be much better, and deserving of a new guitar
"no one loves the man whom they fear"
I love my piece of ****. It's like the smelly old uncle who reeks, gets your **** broken, hates everyone and does drugs. You just get used to being around it so much, it doesn't seems to bother you anymore.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by kpatterson14206
How can you lose a guitar?

I didn't even think Ibanez made heavy guitars.

RG's have a good amount of weight to them but nothing close to a gibson imo
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
My Ibanez GRG170DX is still heavily played. I've modded it quite a bit and it's really rather a beast for how much I paid for it. I gig with it all the time and it never lets me down, even after getting annoyed during a gig and kicking it across the stage.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
absolutely not,
that used RG 120 was a waste of $150
Quote by ShredGod George
you obviousry racka the disciprine needed to pray it right

My Gear:
Roland Micro Cube
Schecter C1-FR
Quote by wolfy808
I love my piece of ****. It's like the smelly old uncle who reeks, gets your **** broken, hates everyone and does drugs. You just get used to being around it so much, it doesn't seems to bother you anymore.

A fellow Wolfmother lover! Accept my friend request NA0!!!! Anywho, I absolutely love my starter guitar, a cheap Taylor student acoustic. But I swear it's one of the best sounding acoustics I've ever heard. I can't play it as of now though, i screwed up the bridge

Quote by wolfy808

LMAO My first guitar was a cheap Sears special that only qualified 'cause it had six strings. It was stolen by my smelly, antisocial uncle who's currently a guest of the state thanks to his love for weed. The bastard also stole my mini-bike and wrecked it. But I guess I should thank him; my parents felt so bad, they bought me my first strat
I love my Silvertone Strat. I can really make that baby sing on certain songs, especially Yellow Ledbetter. I also painted it and did some other things to it so it looks awesome now. If you have the right amp, most guitars can sound pretty good.
I started with a telecaster and I'm gonna end with a telecaster, just love the way it sounds.
I love my first guitar its a fender starcaster. It is my only guitar, and better than squire bullet strats in my opinion. Im thinking of putting a humbucker in there though.
I'm in love with my Yamaha Pacifica 112M, I still use it regularly during gigs. I've had it for 10 years and still regard it as one of my main guitars. It's great to play, and after replacing the pickups with SD Alnico Pro IIs across the board it is awesome. I still get a lot of comments on the sound of the guitar, from audience and professionals alike.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
my first guitar was an ibanez AS73, I think its the one I still play the most.. i dont think i'll ever be able to sell it because ive pretty much played it at every gig since i started playing...

my backup guitar is a fender american tele >.>
My starter is absolutely awful. Sits in it's case in my closet cause it's not fit to be anywhere near my other low end guitars.
My first guitar was an Epiphone G-310 and I love it to bits. I'm planning to upgrade soon but this guitar has some serious sentimental value to it - I dropped it once and cracked the neck (got it fixed, all good!) and I literally cried (I'm girl, I'm allowed...). I can't really understand the idea of not loving your first guitar, actually...
I loved my Alvarez starter acoustic so much it couldn't be repaired after the 3 years I owned it.

I mean, it could have been, but I could have replaced it for less...then I bought an Ovation Elite.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Page 1 of 3