I didn't know if this is where I should post this question, so let me know If I should've put it elsewhere. But anyways...

I play "No More Tears" By Ozzy with my band a lot, but never on stage. Until now. Next week we have a show, but I have a problem, I don't know where to put my slide. Anyone who knows the song knows that you constantly switch between slide and no slide riffs. Most people put the slide on their middle finger and leave it on through the whole song, I put it on my index finger (because it feels natural) and I can't play anything else with it still on. So I need somewhere to put the slide where I can grab it real quick. Preferably on the guitar itself so I can move around stage. If I put it on my mic stand or my amp, it forces me to stay there. I've tried putting it on one of the tuners and it stays just fine, but it makes a lot of noise when I take it off and it falls if i jump.

Any Ideas for me?
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Quote by silversoulcage
Get a metal slide that's like a ring, It's really small and convenient.

This would be best for you. Or if you can do it in time learn to play with the slide on your ring or pinky finger, that way you have 3 fingers left to riff. This will help you in the long run.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
you aren't supposed to put the slide on your index finger because it leaves no fingers for muting the strings that side of the slide. but if you must, do what nightraven said and magnet it up, baby.
Are you talking about when using it, or where you keep it when you're not using it?

Most people when playing with a slide use it on their pinkie or ring finger so you can fret with the other fingers. That being said, if you play best with it on your index, by all means, use your index finger.

Steve Vai uses a slide on bad horsie, his guitar has something that holds it, lemme do some searches to find what he has real quick.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
If you watch Zakk Wylde play it live, he puts the slide in his mouth, and just just leaves it on during the chorus bits, i believe.
Thanks guys, a lot of you have been very helpful. To answer a few questions, Yes, I must use My index finger, it gives me more control. If I put it on my pinky its too loose and it wobbles.

My slide is brass.

And The way the song the song goes is it starts out with slide and then I have less than 3 seconds to ditch it, then another 3 seconds to get it back on my finger because every other riff uses slide. Before I used to put it down on my stack, but I can't always sit back with my amp the whole song.

I play it just like this guy does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKs-MAVoTGs&feature=related

I'd like something like a hook sort of like the one MESAexplorer said, but one that will attach to my Jackson style headstock that's not permanent.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
You could get a smaller slide which fits tighter on your finger, thats why they offer different sizes...

Maybe you could put a capo on your headstock in a way where you can put the slide on it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
You could get a smaller slide which fits tighter on your finger, thats why they offer different sizes...

Maybe you could put a capo on your headstock in a way where you can put the slide on it.

I've tried that before, it gets akward sometimes :shrugs:

I just learned to play slide with either my pinky or ring finger, so that depending on the song, I can use either finger for slide. When my band plays Tush, I usually keep it on my ring finger (so I can use my pinky for the bridge/chorus stretch). Most other songs I use it on my pinky for playing powerchords.

But that's just me. And the capo thing does work, it can just be really quirky switching from sticking it on to grabbing it back.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--