So i want a Ibanez S guitar and I have a little under a grand to spend.
Here is my choice.What do you guys think?
http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-S620EXQM-Electric-Guitar-512501-i1173394.Music123
I know Ill be changeing the pickups to so any opinions on that would help to.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
if i were you id save up a little more and get a prestige. the only difference with the S class guitars below prestige level down to about 400 bucks is the bodys finish and some other minor features added as you go up in price but the quality of the neck and fretboard setup and overall quality control is about the same across their whole line till you get up to the prestige made in japan stuff.
The thing is i dont really need a prestige...I couldnt justify it...Im good but not that good lol
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
^who cares how good you are?
Your equipment affects the way you play and the way you sound, irrespective of how good you are.

Go on, pull your finger out and get the prestige; I assure you it's worth it
have at least $200 left after you buy the guitar if you're gonna have someone put in a good set of pickups. Have about $150 left if you're switching them yourself. So whatever model is in like the 750 - 800 range is good
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by Sicon
The thing is i dont really need a prestige...I couldnt justify it...Im good but not that good lol

regardless of how good you are if you can afford an $800 guitar obviously have income (or very generous parents at least) you can afford to wait a bit longer and get an extra 400 or 500 more together to get a japanese made prestige. what i was trying to say in my previous post that pretty much all ibanez guitars are about equal in overall playability and sound quality after you pass the 450-500 price range untill you step up to presteige level. so if you dont want to shell out the kind of bucks you have to to get a pro quality guitar you might as well get a slightly cheaper ibanez if you dont mind not having the maple top finish (which is a veneer by the way so it wont sound any different than an all mahogany body unlike a LP or similar guitar with an actual maple cap that the pups mount into) and save some money. also check out the pup switching configurations on the different guitars. an ibanez with 2 humbuckers is just about as versatile as their HSH pup guitars because of their switching/coil tapping abilities. oh one other thing, because of the complex switch setup for the humbucking and coil tapped positions to be all in one five-way switch be very, very, careful to wire it 100 percent right the first time or you will be visiting your local leuthier anyway. i recommend getting wiring diagrams from ibanez before attempting it.
Hmmmm.Ill look into it..So if I dont get the prestige and go with the guitar I posted in the first post what kind of pickup do you suggest I get?
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Well you should have a bit of money to burn if you don't get the Prestige so get Bare Knuckles; fantastic.
But looking at your rig according to your sig you'd be much better off simply buying a new amp; most guitars will sound more or less the same through the amps you've got.
That thing is a beauty! I would dare to say the quality of the S600 series is quite close to Prestige lines.

But eh, you would want to consider to get rid of that pair of pickups. "Designed by" is never a good thing...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Let me play devil's advocate for a mo. Why is that Ibanez better than the Cort you have? Apart from the Maple veneer, that is?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

all my gear got stolen.Sooo When I found out who did it I took them to court.Thats how I got the money for a new rig..I already have a good amp in store for me so all I need now Is the guitar..I never got my gear back because its all got thrashed and was useless...
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member