"i know more than i can say" - M. Polyani
well pit? agree or disagree?
do you think that it is possible to know something without being able to describe it?
just curious to see what you guys think, we were discussing this in theory of knowledge class today
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Yeah, the thrill you get finger-banging a kitten. It's just.....you can't describe it...
I like to throw tangerines at old people
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Tatersalad1080
"i know more than i can say" - M. Polyani
well pit? agree or disagree?
do you think that it is possible to know something without being able to describe it?
just curious to see what you guys think, we were discussing this in theory of knowledge class today

Yes I do, it happens to me all the time.

Even with a couple friends. I'll know exactly what they look like but can't describe them sometimes. At least enough to give someone an accurate picture.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Yeah, the thrill you get finger-banging a kitten. It's just.....you can't describe it...

stuff like this reminds me of why i love the pit=)
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Disagree, because using language games (Wittgenstein), you can always express what you say, whether other people will understand or not is another matter, but you can express what you 'know'.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
First off; there's a philosophy thread. You should have asked there.

And second off; language is limited, and you can't express or describe most things that you feel or experience without losing it's quintessence.

Try explaining an emotion.
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
language is limited, and you can't express or describe most things that you feel or experience without losing it's quintessence.
bliks?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia