I have a jazz bass and i was wondering if i put a brigde cover and a pickup to make it hav dat vintage look, would it still be possible to slap and pop?
i have a pickup cover on my jazz bass and i find it makes it more difficult to slap but not impossible and i'm sure you could get used to it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Depends where you slap...but you could probably get a bridge cover if you dig it
stingray5 the bridge cover on a jazz bass is much longer, it covers the bridge pickup aswell as the bridge
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by anarkee
^That thumb rest is in a really odd place. Do you actually use it?

I think I'd use it if I had one there.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by anarkee
^That thumb rest is in a really odd place. Do you actually use it?

Why's it odd? Looks perfectly reasonable for playing at the bridge.
Quote by Zycho

it's odd because not many people do it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I've heard that proper slap technique sets your hand at the end of the fretboard, so provided the PU cover isn't right there, you should manage. Flea-style slapping however, may not be possible.

Also, even for playing at the bridge, that thumbrest seems in an odd place. Seems awfully close.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by Zycho

It look absolutely ridiculous to me. Then again, I have really wide hands and I can keep my thumb on my thumb rest (which is pretty much in the stock position) and still play at the bridge.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite