i was playing when the volume suddenly turned off...everything is working normal but the tubes arent'n getting hot, and there is no sound...the amp is a bugera 6260 2X12??? (i putted the tubes in another amp and they work)
Check the tubes, fuse and outlet. Bugeras arent known for being very reliable, so dont be too dissapointed if your amp is fried................. Take it to a tech.
Probably the fuse, or the tubes were biased too cold and your transformer blew.

If the latter you'd best just get a new amp... a fuse is fairly cheap to replace though, provided it's the main fuse.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i checked the tubes on a peavey xxx and they are working...ahhhhhhh
Last edited by juanito3 at Feb 17, 2009,
im just looking at it and the small tubes...mmm preamps...it haves 5 and only 4 are on
its strange because the amp was on allmost for 2 hours so the tubes were smoking hot!!
Try retubig it, I heard the stock tubes suck anyways. BTW, one of your preamp tubes is out, so you need to replace that one.
On Bugera amps like my 6262, 99% of the wiring isnt soldered to the board at all. they use little plastic clips to connect the wires to the board, which means bad connections will prob happen. a wire connection from your tubes main prob came loose or something or from your output transformer to the board. when my warranty it up in April, im cutting off all the plastic clips and soldering the wires directly to the board and pulling out all the plastic pots and putting in good metal ones and mounting them to the chassis. that will ensure a long life to the amp.

you might wanna check the wireing on the inside. had a buddy of mine send his 333 in for warranty work cause the same thing happend to his amp, and the tech told him it was a loose wire from the tubes and transformer
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Last edited by HouseBoy83 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by jamesfarr
I believe many Bugeras have done this.

thats one of the manin causes of failure in these amps. the amps are built pretty good for production amps, but the one downfall is the plastic clips instead of soldering them to the board and the plastic pots mounted to the board. other then that the amps are great. would cost you about $100 to change out the pots to metal ones and mount to the chassis and solder wires done if you do it your self like im gonna
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA