I've been looking at these two guitars for awhile and the only differences that I can see are the hardware (chrome vs nickel), fingerboard (ebony vs rosewood), and the nut (bone vs Earvana). These don't appear to be a big issue to me. Do they justify the price difference ($500+) or is there some other feature that I am missing? I was looking to get the Horizon but if I can save $500, then I'll go for a better amp. THanks
Features don't say anything about how good a guitar actually is - build quality is not listed in the features list.

The ESP has better woods and was assembled more carefully, which makes the whole guitar more resonant and does wonders for the tone. Imo the ESP's price is fair (in the US at least), while the LTD1000 is nothing but a fancy looking mid-range guitar. I consider it overpriced to be honest.

Yeah, I sound like an asshole here, but honestly LTD guitars are nice, but the 1000's are not as great as some people make them out to be.
The Horizon is higher quality for sure,but that isn't saying that the LTD is a bad guitar,it's pretty nice for the money.If your amp is a weak point in your rig then splitting your budget might be the way to go.In the long run the Horizon would be the better instrument though.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I like the Horizon and im sure if you can afford the horizon you can save up for a new amp.. get the Horizon itill last you a while its got good features
Theres the bridge that's different, as well as the tuners. That along with the ESP name instead of LTD on the headstock. Whether those are worth $500 i have no idea. Expect all ESP (non-LTD) guitars to be a lot more expensive no matter how almost exact they are in quality.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.