At this moment, I would like to be compared to anybody! Buckethead would be very cool though!
how exactly can it be a bad things, buckethead is awesome in all ways
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
pretty good, he has very versatile styles and can really fit into any genre very well.

if you have his 13 cd set "in search of the" (which i have) most people discover buckethead isnt just shred, he does alot of jazzy and melodic stuff you really dont see from the stereotypical "shredder"
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If they say you are like him, it's good.

If they say you do something he does, it's bad because you aren't as good as him.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I would personally have mixed feelings about it. The guy has good technique and can definitely play, but just puts absolutely no feeling in to what he plays, and doesn't really have that great of a tone IMO. Of course, I have really only listened to him play on Youtube videos, so maybe I'm missing something?
Gear:
Fender Deluxe Player's Strat
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Gibson Special Faded SG
Tokai LS-80QZ
Tokai Talbo A-130SH
Duesenberg Starplayer TV Outlaw
Takamine EG530SSC
Peavey Classic 50 410
Quote by XBug
I would personally have mixed feelings about it. The guy has good technique and can definitely play, but just puts absolutely no feeling in to what he plays, and doesn't really have that great of a tone IMO. Of course, I have really only listened to him play on Youtube videos, so maybe I'm missing something?

No emotion because you can't see the blues face?
Quote by XBug

depends what you listen to,

if you listen to something shred-like like nottingham lace, soothsayer, king james, etc. you dont get any of the feel of the music.

songs like electric tears, padmasana, whitewash are somewhat powerful in the studio versions but INCREDIBLY powerful live.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by XBug

he puts as much feeling as anyone else into his playing.

what's happening is that you're not having an emotional reaction to the music. 2 different things

TS, considering he goes from all out shred, to soft ballady type songs to ambient noise type songs I'd be honoured to be compared to him. although it depends on the opinion of the person doing the comparison.

if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by XBug

The guy wears a bucket on his head and a mask. Now THAT'S emotion.....he's showing how much he likes KFC

@ TS: I would say its a good thing. Heck, id like to be compared to Chad Kroeger
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
dang, u that ugly? ur compared to a guy who has 2 wear a bucket on his head because of his disformed face
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
If you could play well enough to be compared to Buckethead, then you'd know if it was good or bad. Either that, or you make a thread like this so we all think that you're so good that someone compared you to Buckethead.

Either way, not interested.
Depends whether you were compared to his guitar playing or his personality.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Have you never heard Buckethead? He's a highly technical and advanced guitar player.

And... if you were an advanced guitar player and happen to play "like buckethead" then surely you would've studied up on some of his stuff.

He's innovative... you must be awesome.

Post a vid on youtube, buckethead jr.
Schecter Damien B2 FR
GuitarRig 2 and Sonar
Alesis Mk Monitors
I wouldn't want to be compared to him...not really my style...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
If you can play like buckethead, man you rock!
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by slickerthnsleek
If you could play well enough to be compared to Buckethead, then you'd know if it was good or bad

No, because if it was bad, then he wouldnt have to play well at all to be compared to him
Quote by XBug

I hope this changes your mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEeKCsaCVcM

But yeah. Buckethead is extremely technically proficient. Also, he can play something that will melt your face, but then whip out emotional songs that make people cry. Ive seen it happen.
being compared to buckethead is pretty cool. He is amazing at metal, country, rock, and jazz playing, and can be both shred and slow/emotional.
buckethead is the meaning of awsome, just check my sig

therefore you are like the meaning of awsome
i smell win
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome