I will be using it with my Mesa Mark III. I want somethig with V30's in it. I also want something with tight, responsive, powerful rhythms with liquidy, creamy, smooth leads on top off sexy (JC-120 like) jazz cleans. Dont care about mid-gain tones.

EDIT: Damn, I cant believe I forgot a genre. I play Progressive Metal/Death Metal/Thrash Metal/Jazz Fusion ala:
Death
Dream Theater
Necrophagist
Decapitated
Metallica (old)
Between the Buried and Me (I love this tone)
Cynic
Atheist
Quo Vadis
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by GNRjungle87
Budget?

And I've heard that Vaders are amazing for metal.

Something that I can trade a Marshall 1960A for. Also, I forgot to say, I want a 2x12.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Something that I can trade a Marshall 1960A for. Also, I forgot to say, I want a 2x12.

Ohh ok. Wait for WTF!!is a tab, he knows this stuff, and he'll probably be in here soon.
How much are you willing to spend?

Absolute tightest cab is Mills Acoustics
The Absolute fullest cab is Port City

Outside of that it's all downhill

V30's aren't necessarily teh best choice for the Mark series. V30's have huge mids and the head and cab play into the overall sound huge with V30's. Kranks and Vaders would be a great choice becasue they're a little smoother overall, and have a nice EQ to compliment the huge EQ hump in a Mark.

Personal choices for metal (IMO) ranking:
Port City
Mills Acoustics
Vader
Stone Age
Genz Benz
Krank
Ear Candy
Buzzbomb
Orange
Randall
Mesa
B-52
Marshall

I might have missed a few, but those are just my personal favorites.
Oh boy, cab topics are my favorite!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
build your own or buy an empty one and put some electrovoice EVM12L speakers in there. unlike most speakers that tend to distort independantly of the amp at loud volumes, which isnt always bad and is what gives the speakers part of their personality, they stay tight always and just give an accurate representation of what the amp is doing regardless of volume, gain, or wacky EQ settings. also check out the possiblility of using one guitar amp speaker and one bass amp speaker if you want brutal, gut wrenching, bassy tone but beware that some research or costly personal experiments will be necessary to find a good combination for that.
edit- sorry if that sounded like it didnt make sense i thought you were looking to replace vintage 30s. i would recomend checking the electovoices out anyway. they would be a better fit for that amp.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Feb 17, 2009,
orange or vader are my two picks, you know that misha mansoor/bulb guy? he always uses those two types of cabs as far as i know, and hes teh gawd of teh toanz imo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
orange or vader are my two picks, you know that misha mansoor/bulb guy? he always uses those two types of cabs as far as i know, and hes teh gawd of teh toanz imo

The guy from Periphery right???? Yeah, hehas good tone. BTW, I made my decision. Hows this ad I put up:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/msg/1037903435.html
Good????

EDIT: Oh, and I cant build my own, im only 13, I dont know how to do that stuff.
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Feb 17, 2009,
id trade it...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i would go with what "WTF!!is a TAB" was saying and look into a used avatar...i bought my used avatar off of craigslist for $320 and it sounds better than any mesa cab ive ever played...
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD MH-1000 String Thru w/SD's (brown ftw!)
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Analog Reverb Pedal
Line 6 Spider III combo
Put up some pics or a vid on that Craigslist page...I wouldn't trade for it unless I knew exactly what I was getting.
that might be pretty good, but im gonna be honest, the V30's might be TOO honky with the mark III, and you might only notice it at higher volumes, idk. its a tough decision, i guess its pretty good, and even if you buy something else, your probably gonna find yourself experimenting with speakers.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Just so you know, the Marshall cab you have can be bought used for between $200-$400.

You're best bet will be either a Mesa oversized Reco 2x12 or a Bogner oversized 2x12.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by MESAexplorer
How much are you willing to spend?

Absolute tightest cab is Mills Acoustics
The Absolute fullest cab is Port City

Outside of that it's all downhill

V30's aren't necessarily teh best choice for the Mark series. V30's have huge mids and the head and cab play into the overall sound huge with V30's. Kranks and Vaders would be a great choice becasue they're a little smoother overall, and have a nice EQ to compliment the huge EQ hump in a Mark.

Personal choices for metal (IMO) ranking:
Port City
Mills Acoustics
Vader
Stone Age
Genz Benz
Krank
Ear Candy
Buzzbomb
Orange
Randall
Mesa
B-52
Marshall

I might have missed a few, but those are just my personal favorites.
Oh boy, cab topics are my favorite!

Vader over Stone Age? Surely you jest!

Unless you really mean, just for metal.
Quote by al112987
Vader over Stone Age? Surely you jest!

Unless you really mean, just for metal.

Absolutely correct sir. Just for metal. If i were to make a bar graph of sorts on how well each of them does every genre well I think vader would probably win out just because of how well it does metal.

The resonance of solid wood cabs when they're tuned for blues, jazz and classic rock gives a different vibe for metal. They're extremely high quality, but I believe vader is just a good bit more aggressive and punchy.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Vader 212. I use a Vader 412 with a Carvin V3 and it's amazing. Mills acoustics are also very nice. It was a tough decision between a vader and a mills when i bought mine.
Quote by bulletrocks522
How are Vaders for cleans????

Vaders are great cabs, they use V12 Legends. Very well rounded but they are tuned for metal.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio