Page 1 of 2
I own this pedal and I get great tones out of it. I can get Stevie Ray Vaughn bite all the way to Metallica's great distortion. All I hear is people harshing on it, I really think this pedal deserves some respect.
Metal Zone = VERY ANGRY BEES
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Metal Zone = VERY ANGRY BEES

EXACTLY!

What amp are you playing it through, TS?
Quote by MightySumo
I own this pedal and I get great tones out of it. I can get Stevie Ray Vaughn bite all the way to Metallica's great distortion. All I hear is people harshing on it, I really think this pedal deserves some respect.

I'm sorry, that is hilarious.

Stevie Ray barely ever used gain. He used his tubescreamers with the gain down and the treble up as clean boosts most of the time. He didn't use a distortion pedal.

Anyway, I haven't heard it so I'm not passing judgment, but I hate Boss after an idiot friend of mine became a devotee to them, so I naturally dislike it for brand reasons.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
^ i didnt see that but TS......................
feel free to add me
Quote by MightySumo

Besides the ANGRY BEES answer, my main beef with it is that while you can get good tone out of it, a distortion pedal with sweepable mids shouldn't have to be fine tuned tweaked to obtain good tone, it should have a good range of great tone. That's it's selling point, and yet, it doesn't even come close to delivering.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeas they're considered bad, do yourself a favour and buy an EHX Metal Muff.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

It Will Get Respect When It Learns How To Give Respect!!
Now Go To Your Room!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
i've got an MT-2 metalzone, and it's great other than the noise, but that's with any distortion, so i don't even consider it. granted, i don't use it anymore cause i prefer the distortion on my amp, but back in the day, it was unbelievable....except the battery needed to be changed every couple of hours otherwise the tone would start to noticeably lack.
Quote by Van Noord
It Will Get Respect When It Learns How To Give Respect!!
Now Go To Your Room!

u tell em van.
ur the new BOSS in this house
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by MightySumo

If you think it sounds like SRV then we have a problem.
And Metallica's tone isn't even that good
Quote by mcrfobtai
If you think it sounds like SRV then we have a problem.
And Metallica's tone isn't even that good

Yeah, I hate Metallica's tone...
^ Megadeth FTW!!!!!
feel free to add me
When I mentioned Stevie, I had my distortion knob pretty much all the way down. I was referring to the sound check version of Empty Arms. I swear that there is minimal dist. meh, I could be wrong and just be playing it my way... Any who, I have a Spider III 15.
AND IT'S NOT ANGRY BEES! Just mildly aggravated bees...
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ Megadeth FTW!!!!!

James has a better voice than Dave though.

EDIT: Wait...Spider's are loud annoying and buzzy, as are Metal Zones...is it so bad it's good? I think the TS may be onto something guys.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by MightySumo
When I mentioned Stevie, I had my distortion knob pretty much all the way down. I was referring to the sound check version of Empty Arms. I swear that there is minimal dist. meh, I could be wrong and just be playing it my way... Any who, I have a Spider III 15.
AND IT'S NOT ANGRY BEES! Just mildly aggravated bees...

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

Mildly aggravated bees = Hardwire Metal Distortion
Peaceful Bees = EHX Metal Muff
Angry Bees = Metal Core
VERY ANGY BEES = Metal zone
EXTREMELY ANGRY BEES = Digitech Death metal
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Mildly aggravated bees = Hardwire Metal Distortion
Peaceful Bees = EHX Metal Muff
Angry Bees = Metal Core
VERY ANGY BEES = Metal zone
EXTREMELY ANGRY BEES = Digitech Death metal

and then there's the MG
Hey, no fail!!!!! I saving up for a 6505+. No f******* Fail!!!! I hate that piece of S***, but it's all I've got at the moment.
What would be a better solution for it then?
Necrosis, I agree, Dave's is kinda whiny and screechy. James' is full and powerful. The ahhs are a nice addition too.
Quote by GNRjungle87
EPIC FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL TO THE MAX OF EPICNESS

fixed. cause of course, everybody knows, a spider III 15 and a metal zone is gonna get everybody on this forum so excited about your rig, since they LOVE the combination
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by MightySumo
Hey, no fail!!!!! I saving up for a 6505+. No f******* Fail!!!! I hate that piece of S***, but it's all I've got at the moment.
What would be a better solution for it then?
Necrosis, I agree, Dave's is kinda whiny and screechy. James' is full and powerful. The ahhs are a nice addition too.

james sounds like a pussy nowadays though, dave still sounds ok
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
fixed. cause of course, everybody knows, a spider III 15 and a metal zone is gonna get everybody on this forum so excited about your rig, since they LOVE the combination

My favorite combo next to Splawn + Les Paul Custom...

Quote by mcrfobtai
and then there's the MG

A QUEEN BEE BEING RAPED BY 10 EXTREMELY ANGRY BEES = MG Distortion
feel free to add me
you're right there, james lost almost all of his original greatness after the 90's and Bob Rock.....
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
A QUEEN BEE BEING RAPED BY 10 EXTREMELY ANGRY BEES = MG Distortion

SOMEBODY SIG THAT. NAO.

I happen to own an MT 2 as well and am not particularly upset about the tone. Now, bear in mind that it's a pain in the ass to get anything worthwhile out of but instead of the stock distortion on my practice amp, this doesn't sound half bad. Practice amp is a fender fm25. It's nowhere near tube amp distortion but for a pedal, I'll have to give it some type of credit.
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps
Peavey 6505+ with Marshall 1960B
Crate Powerblock with CRT412

Visit my blog at My Blog
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
james sounds like a pussy nowadays though, dave still sounds ok

This
Thats why I despise the new album
And that Lars cant drum for ****.
Quote by bulletrocks522
This
Thats why I despise the new album
And that Lars cant drum for ****.

And because it's AWFULLY mixed.
Quote by GNRjungle87

This too
To TS:
People hate MT-2's because they sound like ****. Simple as that.
Metallica's tone on Master of puppets is pretty good, the Black Album tone is pretty phenomenal as well. Kill em all and justice, not so much. Ride the lightning is in between.

Metalzones are bad because of the UG bandwagon. See I just hopped on one of it's many bandwagons by saying that, ironic.

But seriously, it's very buzzy and fizzy. If you like it more power, I'm sure it does sound better than the spider's distortion, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
it's weird that every single thread created by someone about what UG deems to be crappy gear always turns into a spam thread.

Q: Why is the Metal Zone bad?
A: Does it really matter?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by GNRjungle87

i think it was mixed too much so that it sounds just like ANY other somewhat hard rock band you'd hear on the rock stations
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by Kevin Saale
Metallica's tone on Master of puppets is pretty good, the Black Album tone is pretty phenomenal as well. Kill em all and justice, not so much. Ride the lightning is in between.

Metalzones are bad because of the UG bandwagon. See I just hopped on one of it's many bandwagons by saying that, ironic.

But seriously, it's very buzzy and fizzy. If you like it more power, I'm sure it does sound better than the spider's distortion, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

i've gotten better tones out of a spider 15 metal channel than a metal zone
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Mine suck's as well.. My R-fier on my Microcube which is my only amp has a WAY better tone then my MT 2.. + I can't use my neck pickup because it sounds like a wet blanket over my amp.. Guess my clean channel sucks or something.. Not really tho.. Pedal sucks I was disappointed lol
Quote by theoreticmusic
it's weird that every single thread created by someone about what UG deems to be crappy gear always turns into a spam thread.

Q: Why is the Metal Zone bad?
A: Does it really matter?

Counter Answer: Because I wasted 80 Dollars on it.
Quote by TylerX
Counter Answer: Because I wasted 80 Dollars on it.

That sucks for you. I'd try and sell it and get an EHX Big Muff.
The Metal Zone sounds like a bunch of angry queen bees going through PMS.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Page 1 of 2