Ok so in a few days I'm just wondering if my Dunlop Crybaby Wah and Ibanez tubescreamer would work with my bass and amp. Or if it would be completely pointless using the pedals.
idk why you would use a tubescreamer, unless you have a tube bass amp, and even then . . .

but i use my wah with my bass (i have a ibanez wah that has a bass function, but either way it will work)
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Nihil
idk why you would use a tubescreamer, unless you have a tube bass amp, and even then . . .
)

because contrary to popular belief, OD pedals work fine with SS amps...

although in this case youd be better off with an OD designed for bass (same with the wah, you can do it, but it's designed to work around the guitars frequencies so it wont work as well with a bass)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have a Behringer Ultimate Distortion pedal for my geetar and I tried it out with my bass amp and my Stingray since I have yet to purchase any bass effects and it sounded like total ****. Total low end lossage. So yeah, it works, but ****illy.

And searchbar btw
And FAQ made to stop threads like these FTW
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It won't hurt anything.

Basically, try them all out and see which ones, if any, sound good.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Nihil

but i use my wah with my bass (i have a ibanez wah that has a bass function, but either way it will work)

i disagree, because pedals are made to broaden tonal possibilities. and...for bass guitars that can be a really cool n' creative sound. try the "ts" i tried one b4 on a fender jazz, thru a marshall MG combo and got a really odd but interesting tone
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS