I have an M-Audio Fast Track USB interface, and I have a laptop runningWindows Vista 32bit, and a desktop running Windows XP SP3. I dont know which version of Pro Tools to get.. Pro Tools Le or Pro Tools M-Powered. What is the difference? Does it matter?

I would like to install the program on my laptop and desktop as well, but if Pro Tools is not compatible with Vista, that is fine, I'll use it on the desktop.
Pro tools m powered is what you will need. Le is for digidesign products such as the MBox.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
yeah pro tools m-powered, although honestly you'd be better off running Sonar or Cubase, because M Powered kinda sucks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm pretty sure the M-Audio fast track uses standard ASIO drivers, so yeah it shouls work, and yeah Cubase and Sonar both work on XP and Vista.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^

Confirmed. Pro tools will work with these softwares. I strongly recomend Cubase if you can afford it, but M-Powered really isn't that bad (the new 8.0 is a lot better than 7.4 and previous versions), it is more affordable and makes you compadable with more projects as Pro Tools is the industry standard for recording and is used in most (if not all) pro studios.

Hope this helps, and feel free to give me a shout if you would like any more suggestions.