I wanna get a Bigsby Vibrato for my Epiphone Les Paul Jr.(Flat Top), which one should I get? I'm thinking a B5, but then I also would have to buy a Tune-O-Matic, and if I have to, Is there a cheaper alternative to a Gibson?

And also, I wanna get it(The Vibrato) AND a Seymore Duncan Invader SH-8 Pickup, which I think would give me a cool bluesy metal sound, but I've been reading that it makes a bad sound, can anyone clarify me on this?

EDIT:
Could anyone also tell me where the best place to by these would be?
Last edited by draginblade629 at Feb 18, 2009,
bigsby's are cool, my brother has one on his semi-hollow. as for which one, i'd suggest either a B7 or the B5, http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Bigsby_vibrato_tailpieces/Bigsby_Vibrato_Tailpieces.html

that's a place to buy them, probably not the best price though, shop around. and i'm not sure on your pickup.
isnt that the $100 starter guitar?
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Diamond Dave
bigsby good, invader bad

try looking up the duncan JB, custom 5 and distortion pickups, one of them would suit you better i think

Aren't those more for Jazz or Blues?
I thought you would figure out that I want a Metal sound from my first post
The JB is a pretty versatile pickup. I play Jazz, Blues, Metal, etc on mine.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Still, I'd much rather an Invader, I want to get my guitar to sound like Syn's or Troy VanLeeuwen's guitar.
Quote by draginblade629
Aren't those more for Jazz or Blues?
I thought you would figure out that I want a Metal sound from my first post

no they are not for jazz or blues, they're high output ceramic magnet bridge humbuckers for metal, i know what you asked for in your first post which is what i based my recommendations on, if you asked for mud i would have said sure go for the invader then.

Quote by draginblade629
Still, I'd much rather an Invader, I want to get my guitar to sound like Syn's or Troy VanLeeuwen's guitar.

if you want an invader so badly get one, but dont be surprised if doesnt make you sound anything like those guys
Quote by draginblade629
No,
Its around $250 I think

nope, its $99.99

the starter pack is $250ish

anyways, the bigsby alone is worth more than the whole guitar
and the pickup is too.

the body is made out of plywood, so it wouldnt help the tone much.

i know that people say this alot, but get a better guitar
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by xyz66 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by xyz66
nope, its $99.99

and the pickup is too.

Actually, your the first person who has told ME that, but I've read other people telling that to others that want to install a Bigsby on their LP Jr.(Epiphone).

It is something I have been considering.
But if I do get a new Guitar, what should I get?
Recently I have been musing over the idea of getting an SG or an Ibanez and redoing it with a custom build, Finish, Pickups, everything.
if you like the LP shape, then try the dean cadillac, i think the spike looks cooler, but definitely get something with a better wood, basswood or mahogany would do. personally, strats and LPs are hideous. though the sg is worth it, i have one. but the gibson is a bit expensive.
I was just looking at SGs, and the G-400 Custom(3 Humbuckers, Mahogany Body and Neck) Seems like a good deal for $839(MSRP), and some people have got it on EBay for $400.

Update-$499 at Sam Ash , I'll probably get it from Sam Ash(If I decide to get it) if I don't find anything better, and $499 is a good price. If i get I will definitely refinish. I'm not that into Antique White, or white in general, for a finish.

EDIT-Its Epiphone
Quote by draginblade629
I was just looking at SGs, and the G-400 Custom(3 Humbuckers, Mahogany Body and Neck) Seems like a good deal for $839(MSRP), and some people have got it on EBay for $400.

Update-$499 at Sam Ash , I'll probably get it from Sam Ash(If I decide to get it) if I don't find anything better, and $499 is a good price. If i get I will definitely refinish. I'm not that into Antique White, or white in general, for a finish.

EDIT-Its Epiphone

lol i bought that guitar like half a month ago its like the best guitar i have ever owned but no trem i'd deffenively get one if i were you
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
Quote by the_bastard
lol i bought that guitar like half a month ago its like the best guitar i have ever owned but no trem i'd deffenively get one if i were you

eh, my gibson SG is fu**ing crazy good, just it's twice the price of what you looking at. hook it up with an overdrive and it's fun sh**.
Quote by blandguitar
eh, my gibson SG is fu**ing crazy good, just it's twice the price of what you looking at. hook it up with an overdrive and it's fun sh**.

ok maybe but the gibson equivalent with HHH config costs like 2500$ i think xD
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
Quote by xyz66
nope, its $99.99

and the pickup is too.

actually i sanded mine down (i got it for 10 bucks from GC cuz it had a broken neck) and it was mahogany. It was like 5 pieces of it but it definitely was mahogany. But i do agree with you your better off investing that 200 some odd dollars into a better guitar
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
I just did some more research on it and it(The G-400 Custom) seems like the way for me to go. Now I'm deciding on the pickups, which leaves me wondering about two things

1-Can I take the cover of one of the Alnicos(or is it spelt Alnicoes?) but still have the pickup on the guitar? It does make a difference if its covered or uncovered, right?

2-Does anyone know what pickup I could use as an equivilant of the DiMarzzo HLM(Herman Li Model)? The only way to get it is to buy the Ibanez E-Gen - Herman Li Signature Guitar, but I really don't want to spend $2499.99(Without tax, shipping and handling, etc.) just for one pickup. Of course I could still use the guitar, but I don't have $2500.
Quote by the_bastard
ok maybe but the gibson equivalent with HHH config costs like 2500$ i think xD

I don't think there is an HHH SG from Gibson.

indeed
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.