Hey, I was just wondering, if you take all of the strings off a guitar at basically the same time (one after each other immediately) will it bend, warp, or snap the neck? Just I recently got myself my second electric guitar; Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top. Mint condition, I mean mint, for £240 - half the price of the same model in my local guitar store.

I've never modded or set up a guitar before, so I wanted to mend the intonation and action and stuff; I just don't want to break it!

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex.
People have their strings off for months to paint their guitars.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
I've had people tell me to replace one at a time to keep the tention constant but I've never bothered, I use string changes as a chance to pull all the strings off, give my guitar a good clean up and take care of any maintainence that needs doing and I've never had any problems.
DON'T DO THAT. i have personally had a neck warp from taking all the strings off when changing strings...also i have a friend whose neck snapped completely. Even with a truss rod it is risky. just take your time and do it string at a time. the only time you should ever do that is if you are taking the neck off the guitar.
I do it one string at a time, on one level I'm afraid of the effects of tension, on another level I always stab myself with random used strings so don't want too many on the floor at once
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
i always remove all strings and it NEVER hurt any guitar i ever owned, infact i never heard of this either.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by Ibanezrocker800
DON'T DO THAT. i have personally had a neck warp from taking all the strings off when changing strings...also i have a friend whose neck snapped completely. Even with a truss rod it is risky. just take your time and do it string at a time. the only time you should ever do that is if you are taking the neck off the guitar.

Err.... dude... I don't want to sound like a douche, or like I'm putting you down or anything but I find it a little hard to believe that your friend's neck just spontaneously snapped because he took all the strings off at once.
I have changes strings probably 150-200 times and never had any problems with having them all off at once.
I also have a guitar that i built and the strings came on and off multiple times to check the electronics, action, and whatever else. I don't believe that your neck can just snap by taking the strings off.
Quote by Ibanezrocker800

You and your friend some have done something completely wrong. I take my strings off all at once when changing them and the neck on my guitar is fine.