Jackson JS30RR Rhoads JS Series or a Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX

both are around the same price, Just wondering if anyone had some input, advice, or review of either of them
What type of music do you play? The VMNTX is supposedly really nice(basswood, 24 frets, nice neck, etc).
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
Go jackson
thats what mustaine used to play
you wont get anywhere near that at this price bracket, but the jacksons better anyway
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
i personally play heavy metal, but i like to play all kinds to a certain extent
I like the VMNTX better because I'm a sucker for 24 fret symmetrical Vs. You will like the RR, though. I play a JS series Jackson with the same pickups and wood and it's great for metal.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if a neo nazi compares you to hitler I'd say it's meant to be a good thing, if a jew does the same thing, it's likely that they aren't particularly fond of you.
i'm still stuck between them, i can get the mustaine one for about 40 bucks cheaper, but thats really not a big deal. I'm trying to get a sense if one of them has a flaw or something that would make the other one a better choice.
Neither of them has a really major flaw that I have yet to notice. I think you'd really like either, but the VMNTX stands out more (in my opinion) because symmetrical Vs are more comfortable on my lap and you have more notes to play with on it.

Is there a local store where you can try them out? You should go for what's more comfortable, most of the tone is in the amp.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Try them out and get the one that sounds better to you.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks