my heavily mod'ed Jackson DKMG is undergoing yet another, spur-of-the-moment modification
its the see-thru black with the tiger-striped maple top
so i'm stripping off all the finish and i'm gonna stain it and put some sort of finish on it
i have no idea what i'm doing right now, except stripping off the glossy finish, and maybe the black paint on the back
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Invalid img)
Last edited by sethp at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by GuitarEvan07
watch out. the maple top may not really be maple. could just be a veneer. dont wanna tear through that. could be quite ugly.

whats the best way to take off the finish in that case? the chemical peel paste?
i'm sure it isn't a full 1/4" cap for sure

if anything, i'll just strip off the glossy finish
Quote by Albino_Rhino
Sand the sides and check if it's a cap or veneer.

lets just assume that its veneer
then what's the best way to proceed if i want to strip it down to the bare wood?

oh, wait, wil a maple veneer give good results too? if stained and ligntly finished? as good as a thicker piece of wood being treated?
a picture under bright light of the face of the guitar
it looks greenish, but that's because of the flourescent light. i might do like a tea-stain
or something really deep purple-ish like the night part of the sky at sunset
wow
wait a minute... a sunset burst. inky purple on the edge thru reds and oranges and yellows in the pickup area...
eff me

wait, how would i get the specs on this model? this was one of the DKMGs that came with the EMG-hz pickups and the EMG booster knob

(Invalid img)