...But I'm gonna take it like a man:

Why does everyone loathe the Line 6 Spider III? (!?)

My friend owns one, it seriously IS NOT BAD. All the channels are great. Insane has tone similar to that of BMFV (who admittedly has great tone). The clean is glassy and sounds great. PLUS on the bigger models you can download the exact tones from hundreds of bands and play just like them. The only flaw is the delay: The reverb and echo is good: but the delay is just not strong enough to really be noticeable. However, the tremelo, phaser and chorus is phenomenal.

TL;DR the Spider is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

It may not be the top of the line amp, but it CERTAINLY does not deserve to be labeled one of the worst amps of all time. You guys can keep using your amazing Peavey's and other legendary amps, but just because the Spider doesn't match it doesn't make it ****ty.
DO WE NEED ANYMORE OF THESE DAMN THREADS?

*Reported*

Seriously, if you like it, awesome, no need to ask why everyone else doesn't.
Its true, you know you are getting ripped off if you don't have an "INSANE" channel.

Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
f*ckin a, this is literally the 10th thread like this TODAY. what are you hoping to accomplish?

UGs opinion on the Spider, MG, or Metal Zone is not going to suddenly change based on the opinions of 3 individuals. It takes at least 15 for that.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I find I can get some pretty good soft solo tones out of mine (think Sweet Child O'Mine) and the cleans are alright, but not warm enough for me.

Most people just join the UG bandwagon and call Spider's horrible. They're meant to be practice amps for beginners, and it's perfect for that. Gives lots of different sounds and effects to experiment with for people to find their tone, which is what I did. Now that I know what I like, I know what to invest in now.

A good beginning practice amp, nothing more, nothing less.

I do admit though, anything above 30W for a spider, is unneccesary. I see the halfstacks and I just think "..."
You can buy such better amps for the exact same price.
They're a rip off.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by SchecterZV
I find I can get some pretty good soft solo tones out of mine (think Sweet Child O'Mine) and the cleans are alright, but not warm enough for me.

Most people just join the UG bandwagon and call Spider's horrible. They're meant to be practice amps for beginners, and it's perfect for that. Gives lots of different sounds and effects to experiment with for people to find their tone, which is what I did. Now that I know what I like, I know what to invest in now.

A good beginning practice amp, nothing more, nothing less.

I do admit though, anything above 30W for a spider, is unneccesary. I see the halfstacks and I just think "..."

+1 on the 30W rule. Good practice amps for beginners, nothing more