Hey guys,

I noticed that whenever I have something in the loop of my Rebel 20 (I love having my delay and chorus in the loop), I get a considerable amount of hum. Would a Decimator fix this?

Where would I place it in my effects chain?

Thanks for any help!
i think it would..........

Guitar>Pedals>Decimator>Egnater.......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i think it would..........

Guitar>Pedals>Decimator>Egnater.......

Alright, thanks WTF.
Noise gate always comes after the noise producers....

But, when I had the Rebel, I found that the loop was just noisy. period.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Maybe try better cables first?

I've tried everything. Different outlets, different pedals in the loop, I think it's just a noisy loop like theoretic said.

And theoretic: You got rid of your Rebel?
Maybe, but time based effects (like yours) should be run after a noise-gate so that the effects don't get clipped prematurely. The ICP just has a threshold control so it's not very versitile, but it's and awesome noise-gate. The Boss NS-2 has more controls, but it's not as transparent as the ISP.

Look at the upgraded Decimator G-String. That would work better, but it's more expensive.
Quote by SchecterZV
I'd try it at the end of your loop first.

But that would cut off the delay, wouldn't it?
Quote by GNRjungle87
I've tried everything. Different outlets, different pedals in the loop, I think it's just a noisy loop like theoretic said.

And theoretic: You got rid of your Rebel?

sold it and my Orange for a Taylor T5.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by GNRjungle87
But that would cut off the delay, wouldn't it?

I guess it depends on how you use it, you'd think the weaker delay would get cut off. But if you use it very strongly (dunno how else to put it), it shouldnt cut it off too noticeably.

See if you can see which pedal is creating the most noise, or if it's a combination of both.
Quote by SchecterZV
I guess it depends on how you use it, you'd think the weaker delay would get cut off. But if you use it very strongly (dunno how else to put it), it shouldnt cut it off too noticeably.

See if you can see which pedal is creating the most noise, or if it's a combination of both.

It's any pedal that is in the loop. And my Small Clone makes a loud thumping sound when I turn it on when it is in the loop. Any idea what that's all about?
Quote by GNRjungle87
It's any pedal that is in the loop. And my Small Clone makes a loud thumping sound when I turn it on when it is in the loop. Any idea what that's all about?

I don't have much experience with loops, but when I turn on a pedal on my uncles pedal board, it does that too. Not sure what causes it, but as long as you aren't playing live/it isn't affecting the sound of the pedal it shouldn't be hurting anything.

As for the loop thing, if it's only those two pedals, try it in between them (switching them around and see what happens) and try it after the pedals.
Quote by GNRjungle87

Do you have a fx loop level control? If so set it lower, if not, try turning down the level of the effect.
Quote by SchecterZV
I don't have much experience with loops, but when I turn on a pedal on my uncles pedal board, it does that too. Not sure what causes it, but as long as you aren't playing live/it isn't affecting the sound of the pedal it shouldn't be hurting anything.

As for the loop thing, if it's only those two pedals, try it in between them (switching them around and see what happens) and try it after the pedals.

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks!

I'll be playing live soon, so I want to sort that out at some point. It's not that bad, you wouldn't notice it if you were playing loud probably, but I'd rather get it sorted out now rather than during a gig.
Some effects loops are inheriently noisy.

Then there are some effects loops that are noisy above a certain number of pedals in the loop (i.e. fine at 6 pedals, noisy at 7 pedals).

Then there are some which are noisy with certain pedals, but quiet with other pedals.

My krank rev jr pro is noisy the moment I have more than 2 pedals in the loop.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by 667
Do you have a fx loop level control? If so set it lower, if not, try turning down the level of the effect.

Well I can't turn down the level of the Small Clone since it's only one knob...