Today I got a new strat! This one, unlike my other MIA one, is a Made in Mexico strat. We found it at a pawn shop for $175! I was amazed at the awesome price.

Don't you just love the color.

It sounds pretty good, and it feels nice to play. I like it as much as the other one, maybe even more .
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Looks awesome!
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
i like the tele in the background more!!!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
that's the color of my wall...i prefer it on my wall but for $175 i would buy it too
Thanks guys. That tele was my first Fender and is what I played at my first show. I keep it out for entertainment purposes.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
i saw a MIM strat for $95 in my local pawn shop. it was in mint condition but the maple neck looked really cheap. maybe it was a counterfeit?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i saw a MIM strat for $95 in my local pawn shop. it was in mint condition but the maple neck looked really cheap. maybe it was a counterfeit?

and just where is this pawn shop?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
what a sweet deal! when I went my pawn shop, everything that they had was way overpriced.

Take care of that beauty, man! :0
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by Thomme
and just where is this pawn shop?

in Tukwila, WA
like i said before, it was in mint condition but the maple fretboard looked really cheap. i was gonna write down the serial number and take pics and ask UG for advice but when i went back it was gone.

EDIT: pawn shops can be either REALLY Good or REALLY bad. if they don't know what they have sometimes they practically give **** away. another example, back 3 years ago when i was still a newb i found a mint condtion RG570 with the original Edge for $275. but again, i was a newb and i was scared to death of those LFR horror stories.

sometimes they're rippoffs too. there's one in downtown seattle that has a Mesa boogie studio .22 for i think $1200. way too much. even for a Mesa.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 18, 2009,
sweet straocaster, mate!
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
Quote by cratskomodo
That thing is beautiful man.
How does it compare to your MIA?
Also, what's that color called?

It plays pretty well. I would say that I could play it as much as my MIA. As for the color. I don't know. I just call it avacado
Quote by SlackerBabbath

is that MZ5?
you'd expect to see those going for about $300 on craigslist. sometimes $250 if you get a motivated seller.

but never stock with such a nice color.
awesome find

i'm really digging the green.

the neck is good right? truss rod looks good?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
is that MZ5?
you'd expect to see those going for about $300 on craigslist. sometimes $250 if you get a motivated seller.

but never stock with such a nice color.
awesome find

i'm really digging the green.

the neck is good right? truss rod looks good?

Yep, MZ5. I haven't checked the truss rod yet, but I've got to get to school.

That tele I got for the same price.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I have a standard strat which looks pretty identical to that one - albeit a 2002 model with a very very oddly yellowed pickguard.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
change your amp. i see u have a ibanez ibz10g. i had that before and it sucks
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
change your amp. i see u have a ibanez ibz10g. i had that before and it sucks

actually if you look on his profile he has a Vox AD30VT, which is a decent enough amp.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Haha, yeah, that amp is old. I'm planning on getting a tube amp soon. Oh, and that cookie was good.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Sounds like a great deal, nice job!

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Made in Mexico = Eww. But that's a really good price for it.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
^ Hey! I have a MIA also, mate, and this guitar is quite good compared to it.

I have founf out that it was made in 05-06
Quote by SlackerBabbath

the tele looks neglected, just leaning in the background
congrats though, looks gorgeous
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by kineas
Made in Mexico = Eww. But that's a really good price for it.

I'd hate to point this out... but you have a Korean/Chinese made Epiphone and a Marshall MG... I don't think those quite outrank Mexican made products...

Quote by continental
looks awesome! never seen that color before

I have, it's a limited edition GC/MF color from 3 or 4 years ago.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.