In a couple years, three of my friends and I plan on taking a trip to Europe. We want to go to different parts of Europe, and see all the different cultures, and go on a trip for fun, not just sightseeing.

Anyways, here is our "plan" for right now, there is going to be a lot of spontaneity on this trip so this schedule is not very exact.

Land in Lisbon, Portugal
Go to the Algarve in Portugal (Albufeira) 3-4 days
Madrid, Spain 2-4 days
Barcelona, Spain 2-3 days
Rome, Italy 3-5 days
Switzerland/Austria (city?) 2-4 days
Munich, Germany 3-5 days
Amsterdam, Netherlands 5-7 days
London, England 4-5 days
We are leaving from London, England

So Pit, do you have any recommendations/revisions that you would make to the schedule? Any places we should see or places we shouldn't go to? And a specific city in Switzerland or Austria would be appreciated.

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Last edited by JezuzFingerz at Feb 17, 2009,
Go to Czech Republic while you're so close! I hear they have the best brothels around.

Nah, but seriously, sleep and eat for free with the locals without a doubt.
Hotels & overpriced restaurants = LOSE if you're not in it to be a stupid sightseeing tourist.

my biggest recommendation would be to take me along and let me film your journey!
Yeah one of my friends is planning on filming the trip.
And we definitely plan on sleeping and eating with the locals, thats mostly the purpose of this trip.

I think it would actually be cooler to really get to see just two or three places, that way you aren't rushed, and you can get a better feel for the towns other than over crowed tourist traps.
Yeah El Gigante, we we're thinking that too and it's definitely a possibility to extend the trip to a couple months so we could spend over a week in each place

Quote by El Gigante
I think it would actually be cooler to really get to see just two or three places, that way you aren't rushed, and you can get a better feel for the towns other than over crowed tourist traps.

yeah, I'd extend your stay in all of the places -- either by making the trip longer or going to less destinations.

2-4 days really isn't even enough time to settle in. Some plane flights take 3 days depending on where you are from.

Where exactly are you from? (State if it's USA)
Last edited by montyburns at Feb 17, 2009,
That might cost a little more, but we have a bunch of money saved up, so it's a possibility.

*cough*GreeceisbetterthanItaly*cough*
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
We considered Greece but it seems really out of the way since all of are other destinations make kind of a "path".

Do this if you want a path.
(A) Spain -> (C/T) France -> (C/T) Germany -> (C/T) Austria -> (C/T) Italy -> (F) Greece (A)

C=Car
T=Train
F=Ferry
A=Airplane

Also - I advise bringing a girl along, or knowing one there! No particular reason.
Check out couchsurfing.com.

Believe me. It will make things so much cheaper.

And stay longer in Spain. I am kind of biased as I am Spanish, but Spain just kicks all sorts of fuking ass.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Sounds pretty awesome. I think you guys should definitely make jokes about Ben's sister during the rides from place to place.

And when commenting on locals,

You: Hey you see that hottie, she is almost as hot as ben's sister?
Ben: What did you say ? (He is giving you the serious face he makes when playing guitar)
Quote by k7apex
People to Listen to in this thread:
k7apex
Ch0
Carrot
TOMMYB22
GlitterPaws
that sounds really cool man. how old are you/how old do you plan on being when you go?

edit: and you do already have a very busy schedule, but berlin seems like a good stop between munich and amsterdam.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
that sounds really cool man. how old are you/how old do you plan on being when you go?

19. Summer after completing freshman year of college.
Quote by k7apex
People to Listen to in this thread:
k7apex
Ch0
Carrot
TOMMYB22
GlitterPaws
that is going to cost a lot of money... but it should be fun as hell
When you visit England you must visit this quaint little town called St. Helens, real picture postcard/chocolate box type place.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by Seryaph
Check out couchsurfing.com.

Believe me. It will make things so much cheaper.

And stay longer in Spain. I am kind of biased as I am Spanish, but Spain just kicks all sorts of fuking ass.

There is no better place on earth than Benidorm in July
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Sounds like an awesome adventure filled time, have fun and enjoy yourself. I've wanted to see Europe for a long time, but not with a bunch of tourists or with a school.
You could not have chosen a worse place for your final destination.
If I were you I would go to London earlier because otherwise its just going to be a disappointing end to the trip.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
make sure you go to prague. cheap beer, loads of great places to go. its great. amsterdam is alright, even if your not into the coffee shops there are loads of stuff to do. i went to munich once. i shall not be going back, it was grim. but there are some realy nice place's in germany.