so i cramped up in the muscles near my elbow too much again and am now icing and taking advil for my picking hand. this must be the 7th injury in the past year ... but each time i get better at avoiding it and playing with less tension... anyone have any advice for avoiding injury?

do the pros experience the same thing that i do?

how to i get to the position where i can play 8 hours a day of shred without feeling any pain?

is doing speed excersizes everyday too much? should i treat it like a weight lifting program and do it once or twice a week?

any advice would be cool
work on your technique more, and focus on grip strength and stuff like that... you shouldn't be tensing up like that in your elbow.. it's all wrists
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Not to sound like a dick or anything, but why do you want to shred for 8 hours?
Don't you think that's a bit much?
You're never going to play an 8 hour show.
Don't forget to take breaks while practicing--don't try to go for hours without breaks; that's how you hurt yourself.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
work on your technique more, and focus on grip strength and stuff like that... you shouldn't be tensing up like that in your elbow.. it's all wrists

o_O I don't hurt myself, but trying to tremolo pick (faster than 195bpm in my case) with only my wrists hurts o_o I have to use my elbow
MRavioli: Is Steve Vai still Steve Vai without a massive tremolo backing him up?
Retro Rocker: He could probably think one into existence if he had to.
Are you warming up/cooling down correctly? If you don't do both properly (I do about 10 minutes for each, starting from 1/4 speed), you'll end up with a lactic acid buildup which leads to cramps. Playing with less tension helps avoid cramping, but if you're pushing yourself you need to warm up/cool down properly so you can avoid lactic acid staying put in your muscles and causing you problems.