I'm playing at a battle of the bands at my school in about a week or two with some guys (we're not actually a band, we just got together for a bit). I can't get down the second bass fill, I have the first and last bass fills down, I have the rest of the song down, the 2nd bass fill is killing me, I just can't play it up to speed...or if I do, it's incredibly sloppy.

Any help with it, should I maybe try to improvise and add a different fill instead of that one?

EDIT: Does anyone maybe know what scale is used during the 2nd bass fill so I can figure something out?
Last edited by Milan999 at Feb 17, 2009,
Guitar pro the scale, I'm not 100% sure on it.

Add your own improv. If you're doing a cover, judges will looks for originality, not for a direct copy.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Mootallica
Guitar pro the scale, I'm not 100% sure on it.

Add your own improv. If you're doing a cover, judges will looks for originality, not for a direct copy.

+If you can improvise well I'd bet that no-one else will even realise, unless there's some die hard Rush fans at your school.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
check out some covers of yyz on youtube, sometimes you can get alot of inspiration from watching someone else play; whether they play it good or bad.