Alright, so Im looking for a guitar that is playable at the high frets.
I played a parker, and it had no neck heel at all, which I love, but I can't afford.

I'm looking for a guitar that :
- Has 24 frets (not a neccesity, but nice to have.)
- Has a smooth neck joint connecting to body , which makes it playable at the high frets.
- Has good pickups
- Can Be les paul shape / superstrat shape
- Isn't Pointy

BUDGET : $500 USD

Btw, my amp is an all tube combo, and the guitar I have right now is a squier, so don't just say "Amps are more important in tone. Upgrade that."

I'm looking for playability! Don't tell me to get a new amp!

Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

If you raised your budget, you could get a JEM, but maybe a cheap RG. Mine is cool and its got all of those specifications, though it is currently bridgeless.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Ibanez just dropped the price on one of their neck thru RGT series.That might have the minimal heel and fret access you want,but the bridge kinda blows.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Ibanez RGT42
Ibanez RGT6EX
Jackson SL3

These all have thru-necks so will be ideal but unfortunately are also out of your price range, except possibly the RGT42. As an alternative, how about an Ibanez 'S' series as they are very slim and excellent guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
If upper frets matter that much to you, I don't recommend the RGT unless it's prestige. If you need access to the higher frets, you're probably playing faster, more complex things. The standard RGT has a finished neck which slows you down a little. I would go for unfinished bolt on. A good bolt on neck joint is just as good as a neck-through.

Quote by Pencil Man
If you raised your budget, you could get a JEM, but maybe a cheap RG. Mine is cool and its got all of those specifications, though it is currently bridgeless.

You won't be able to get a JEM but look for a used RG Prestige. They're pretty much exactly the same and it'll be a guitar that you'll keep for the rest of your life.
jackson dinky?

look into dx / dk series
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Quote by JELIFISH19
If upper frets matter that much to you, I don't recommend the RGT unless it's prestige. If you need access to the higher frets, you're probably playing faster, more complex things. The standard RGT has a finished neck which slows you down a little. I would go for unfinished bolt on. A good bolt on neck joint is just as good as a neck-through.

You won't be able to get a JEM but look for a used RG Prestige. They're pretty much exactly the same and it'll be a guitar that you'll keep for the rest of your life.

Yes, the RG Prestige is nice.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by JELIFISH19

Some of the Prestige RGT's have finished necks, too.

Besides, if you keep the neck clean a painted neck shouldn't slow you down at all.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Some of the Prestige RGT's have finished necks, too.

Besides, if you keep the neck clean a painted neck shouldn't slow you down at all.

What he says.

The neck on my LTD is painted, and I have no problem whatsoever with it. It feels just as fast any unpainted neck I've played.