I got the hankering to build a guitar stand so I didn't have to leave my guitars in their cases all the time, and I've seen the PVC pipe one both here and on the internet, but I want to make something out of wood, and make it look fairly attractive in my living room.

Anyone happen to know of some plans I could use, so I can be lazy and not have to design it myself?
You could make the stand then, use an Armstrong locking system. They work real good, I gaurantee(bad spelling) that your guitar will never fall out of the stand unless tampered with or broken.
Quote by timbit2006
You could make the stand then, use an Armstrong locking system. They work real good, I gaurantee(bad spelling) that your guitar will never fall out of the stand unless tampered with or broken.

What's an Armstrong locking system?
Quote by darkwolf291
google it..if your too lazy (like i would be) its a system to ensure your guitar wont fall out of the stand

I did Google it... Didn't bring up anything guitar-related except Dan Armstrong pedals.
Wooden Taylor Guitar Stands

Don't know how helpful that is, but here's a link to Taylor's guitar stands.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by timbit2006
Oh sorry, Did I say Armstrong? I meant Hercules.

Now that I was able to find. Nifty. Don't know if I could make such a thing in wood though.
Quote by Natrone
Wooden Taylor Guitar Stands

Don't know how helpful that is, but here's a link to Taylor's guitar stands.

Nice, but oh wow those are expensive stands.

I was thinking something along the lines of $10 in lumber and an afternoon with a saw and my drill.
Yeah, I know. They're insanely expensive. But I figured those would be good inspiration.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray