Enjoy his works of art? Come discuss it here (this thread will be simple at first, but I'll be working on it.)

I love the creepy, weird, dark style of his. Not to mention the way his movies look, unique, yet phenomenal, especially his latest realease "Coraline." I was expecting cheapo 3-D, but I was stunned at the clarity of it. The colors and visual effects were outstanding.

Nightmare Before Christmas will probably be the all-time Classic of his movies, Coraline is my new favorite, but I'm really anticipating his new movie "nine."

On the musical side, Danny Elfman has done all of the music for his movies, excluding two (Ed Wood and Sweeney Todd.) I think Danny Elfman, and Oingo Boingo fit this style very well and adds almost a whole new dimension to his films.

Enjoy
TIM BURTON IS A GOD,
all his movies are fantastic i still can't watch edward scissor hands without crying.
Quote by heavenishell
TIM BURTON IS A GOD,
all his movies are fantastic i still can't watch edward scissor hands without crying.

Part of that movie was filmed in the city where I live, not even 15 minutes away The rest in a town near me, it's pretty neat.
I'd like to mention as much of a tim burton fan you are.

coraline is not tim burtons, he had no part in it. Henry Selick directed it, the same guy who directed the nightmare before christmas

and tim burton produced nightmare, so it usually doesn't get lumped in with his works. well it usually does, but its not comparable.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Last edited by cpt jaredkent at Feb 17, 2009,
its ok
i hate how emos embrace it. so it kinda gets ruined
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I especially enjoy the ones where his wife partakes in the acting.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
here before the goth kids
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
coraline isnt even tim burton

and Edward Scissorhands is his best movie ever.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
coraline isnt even tim burton

and Edward Scissorhands is his best movie ever.

i'm still waiting for his comment after being proven wrong by 2 people
Quote by Alter-Bridge
imso excited for his new redition of alice in wonderland..
i think its gonan be sooo weird
hahaha xD love tim burton
His three best movies are the ones that no one gives a shit about - Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice and Big Fish.

Yeah, Pee Wee may not be "high art," but I applaud any man who can take Pee Wee's Playhouse and turn into a dark odyssey that plumbs the soul, which is what he did.
Poor advice.
His three best movies are the ones that no one gives a shit about - Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice and Big Fish.

Yeah, Pee Wee may not be "high art," but I applaud any man who can take Pee Wee's Playhouse and turn into a dark odyssey that plumbs the soul, which is what he did.

i will agree with you i loved big fish, and i agree about pee wee but...

the one that no one gives a **** about is planet of the apes
acutally i believe mars attacks could be thrown on that list too, but not as much as planet of the apes. Probably batman too, but then again after the new batmans all the other just look like a joke
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Last edited by cpt jaredkent at Feb 17, 2009,
I forgot Ed Wood.

Ed Wood is his masterpiece, because it was an actual film, with real performances, and it can't be placed on a beanie at Hot Topic like everything else he does can.
Poor advice.
I really enjoyed his film Twilight
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I always lump Nightmare in with the rest of Tim's filmography, along with its spiritual successor The Corpse Bride. The Nightmare Before Christmas was one of the primary foundations of my childhood, and I still love it to death.

I've never seen a Tim Burton movie I didn't like. I've never even thought one of his movies was mediocre (though I haven't seen Planet of the Apes). I loved Beetle Juice, his Batman movies, Edward Scissorhands, and Sweeney Todd. I think I'd thoroughly enjoy Big Fish, Sleepy Hollow, Ed Wood, and Mars Attacks! if I saw them.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Feb 18, 2009,
Extremely bad memories of when I was a kid have ruined Tim Burton for me. I still have nightmares. Oh the feelings that come about

I think if I were to have watched him as a teenager as I am right now, I would have liked him. Seeing as thats too late now..GET HIM THE **** AWAY FROM ME *rocks back and forth in fetal position* so weeeird..
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by dubstar92
I really enjoyed his film Twilight

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I really like his style, it's influenced my own drawing style a bit, and it definately first introduced me to the fact that movies can be dark and gloomy, but still fun and child-friendly, which is something that has really pushed me into the more "goth" area of art and animation, without it becoming to "scene" or "emo".

really like him, but yeah I have to agree I hate the emo kids who worship him, just like with Jhonen Vasquez.