If I've had an American Standard Fat Strat for around 5 months and I went to trade it for a Strat with all single coils what kind of value would I be looking at? Its in almost brand new condition

Thanks
I'm not sure whatcha mean here.. 1. Where do you think someone is gonna 'trade' guitars? 2. Don't all standard strats have all single coils?
well i mean trade in like sell mine and buy another one.....and a fat strat has a humbucker in the bridge
why wouldn't you just change the bridge pickup to a single coil ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
why wouldn't you just change the bridge pickup to a single coil ?

Didn't know they had a humbucker, but if thats the case, this guy makes a point, it would probably be a better idea, considering american made strats are pretty expensive.
yes, it takes very minimal effort.
You'd need a new pickguard and the skills to solder 2 wires, that's about it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well, all you have to do is melt the solder off of the humbucker and replace it with a single, and solder it back on in the same places. You just need to find a lone single-coil pickup, and then get a new pickguard. Fairly simple, I'd say.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
You could do that. Don't let the soldering scare you off, it's actually quite easy. Check out a tutorial on youtube and practice by soldering a wire to a bolt or something.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Not sure how much trouble or expense you wanna get into, but you could get one of those pre-fabbed David Gilmore pickguards with the pickups already installed and swap it out. I went the other way and had a Kirk Hammet setup with EMGs dropped into an american strat I have and couldn't be happier. Due to the additional routing needed, I entrusted it to the local guru at my hometown guitar shop. Total cost of the conversion was $400, but in my opinion it was worth it. This is one strat that I'll be buried with!
what did you need routed ? i put emgs in a strat with no routing required.
The body cavity wouldn't fit the new assembly without the pickguard bulging. I guess the 81 in the bridge also needed a little more depth. The battery pack is under the pickguard, I guess that takes up some space. Makes changing the battery a pain, but at least I can get a month or two of playing before I have to deal with it. Anyhow, the end result looks good and sounds great.