at the moment i have a orange tiny terror combo amp which im heaps happy with, i love it. and i have an ibanez rg350 which im not too happy with anymore. when i first got it i thought it was great but now i can see why people say the pups are very average and the edge III is even worse.

i have about $1000AUD which i know wont get me a decent guitar, but im still saving to around the $1600-800AUD mark. although with my money i currently have, i'd be able to buy a few decent pedals including a boss ge-7 equaliser (which i've tried out and loved) and an electro-harmonix big muff pi (which ive tried and loved) or a metal muff (haven't tried) as well as a wah possibly.

regarding guitars im definately staying away from floyds for the time being because i love playing in c standard like Queens Of The Stone Age. also which guitar would have a nice dark tone to compliment my amp, avoiding epiphones.

What are your opinions guys, thanks
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Schecter, Ibanez, ESP. Best 3 for what your looking for IMO.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by Levi79
is orange good for metal at all? ive never played an orange, they seem to be a nice amp according to alot of people. I am buying a new amp soon

nar man not for metal, thats why i was thinking a metal muff maybe instead of a big muff. orange is great for your old school led zeppelin style tone
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Yea, oranges are pretty good for metal, there was this guy called rob chappers on youtube that demonstrates metal on orange tiny terror amps.

EDIT: heres the link for the demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czfrNVn7Hjk
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Last edited by wair138 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by LaGrange
Schecter, Ibanez, ESP. Best 3 for what your looking for IMO.

well, yea, but the guys avoiding floyd.. ibanez mainly uses floyds and rarely have hardtales/string thru...

what about PRS guitars? the cheaper ones of course.. theyre like, what? under 700CND?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
PRS definetely.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
maybe you shold change your pups and block your trem i have a 350 and they play really well
i blocked my trem cause the edge was crap and it worked well
and im sure if you sunk some $$ into pickups youd love that guitar again plus its cheaper than shellin out 1800 for a new guitar

If you absolutely have to get a new gutiar maybe you should look used you can get some realy nice gitars under 1000 if you look enough
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan