Poll: Do you still have your first guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you still have your first guitar?
Yes, i play it regularly
195 46%
yes, for sentimental reasons
151 36%
sold it
34 8%
other
45 11%
Voters: 425.
Page 1 of 4
Me.
Quote by CoreysMonster
ask her if she wants to go out with you. when she says yes, say "well i dont want to go out with you"

problem solved, stalker problem 90% eliminated

I do. It's a piece of crap Squier strat I never use, but will always keep for sentimental reasons.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Quote by i_killed_bill
I do. Cause it's only been 3 years

I've been playign three years too dude but I sold my first bought 3 more.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Nope sold mine. It was a squier
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Yup still have it, only been 2 years.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
My first guitar was piece of crap, First Act acoustic that we had for a year before I started playing. The neck was broken so the action was literally 2 inches high. Lucky for me, my brother fell from our bunk bed and landed on it so it broke which made my dad buy my current guitar.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I have my first electric. Can't find my first acoustic.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
I do its only been 2 years though. it was an acoustic some crappy hohner i thought they only made harmonica's i was unaware they made bottom of the line guitars too
My first guitar was my Martin LXM acoustic, which is still awesome 3.5 years later.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
I still have my first. It's my only acoustic.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
res squier affinity <in my closet>
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by djrue211
I do. It's a piece of crap Squier strat I never use, but will always keep for sentimental reasons.

ME TOO. The Affinity series (or whatever it's called) sunburst thing? It was good when I first started, but the I got my Schecter...Never played it again. But there's no way I'll ever sell it.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
i still have my first electric... it sits in my closet 4 years after i got it.
I do! I love my Alvarez RD8 Acoustic!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I do

It's a squier. it's a little dinged up, some paint is scratched off, and the input jack plate is gone, exposing the wire (which is ripped, need to solder it to get it to work again).

But still, it's my main practice guitar and I've had it for about 5 years now, and have learned everything I know on it. I'm a very sentimental guy, so I actually prize it above all my other equipment (including my tube amp and les paul studio). If my house was on fire and I had to choose to hang on to only one of my guitars, it'd be my squier. No lie.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
I have my first electric and acoustic for sentimental reasons, although my sister keeps them in her room.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
First guitar I ever played was my brother's acoustic, so I don't have it, but I still have the first electric I bought. A crappy Warlock. The bronze series. It has a burr on the 14th fret of the B string....
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
I do. I modded my Starcaster so that it's got a neck/bridge p/up option when you put the pickup switch to position 2.

It's currently in some weird Sonic Youth tuning.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I do because my Kelly has a floyd and there's no way in hell I'm going to go into drop D on that thing.
Where is the "no" option. Anyway, I killed my first guitar. I got really upset so I threw it outside and smashed it against the ground and burned it. Sighhhh.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
My very first guitar (acoustic) is the one I play most. I spent a lot of money beefing it up, so I sure as hell ain't going to let it collect dust.

My first electric isn't really being used much ever since I got into acoustic fingerstyle, but it gets some chug sometimes.
First was an Aria acoustic, which got stolen. I do still have my 2nd, a Squire strat.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I still have it and it is my only one. I like it a lot though - it plays very well, but doesn't sound as good as it plays.
i do, but its a piece of crap and i left it at my parents house when i moved out. i cant believe i waited 6 years to spring for a decent guitar.
I have no opinion on this matter.
My first guitar was a Fender Strat.

So of course I do.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Page 1 of 4