Page 1 of 2
can someone explain to me why people have this belief that Little Wing is one of the hardest songs to play ever.

I recently started learning this little ditty and discovered that it was a bit tricksy and not as simple as your open chord strum along song. But I was expecting it to be near to impossible. Am I missing something? Am I learning how to play a novice version of the song? Why are there so many people who think that they'll never be good enough to play this song? I;m really confused.

I watched a clip on youtube of John Frusciante who gave a tutorial on how he plays 'Under The Bridge' and afterwards he was talking about the song 'Little Wing' and as a kid he said that that song was in the category of "impossible to play." It's not like ... crazy shredding that would take years of practice to play, its more just a few bar chords with twiddly bits in between.

so what am I missing? Is 'Little Wing' really as hard as people make it out to be?
No, Hendrix is one of the most overrated musicians in the history of music. While I am not denying was a talented player indeed, I have come to realize (for I was once a ruthless fanboy myself) that he is not the God everyone thinks he is.
Quote by captainoid
No, Hendrix is one of the most overrated musicians in the history of music. While I am not denying was a talented player indeed, I have come to realize (for I was once a ruthless fanboy myself) that he is not the God everyone thinks he is.

Yeah, even though everybody since him has been influenced by him in one way or another...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
It's not one of the most difficult ever, but it's just beautiful and moving.

Frusciante, while I love him, was pretty drugged out in those days. He also said that, as you said, he thought that in his early musical development days.
I used to jump all over Hendrix for not being the guitar god he's been made out to be, but I've had a bit of a change of heart since then.

No, the notes themselves aren't particularly hard to play. And yet, there's a certain feeling about his rhythm playing that is at once loose and nimble and tight, that I have yet to see many people equal. If he was playing jazz, you might say that he had the knack to make the music swing, but it's not jazz, so his feel is something else.

I don't know; you can say that I'm full of **** and I'm just building him up into something that he's not, but this is just how I feel
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
I used to jump all over Hendrix for not being the guitar god he's been made out to be, but I've had a bit of a change of heart since then.

No, the notes themselves aren't particularly hard to play. And yet, there's a certain feeling about his rhythm playing that is at once loose and nimble and tight, that I have yet to see many people equal. If he was playing jazz, you might say that he had the knack to make the music swing, but it's not jazz, so his feel is something else.

I don't know; you can say that I'm full of **** and I'm just building him up into something that he's not, but this is just how I feel

I agree with this. The thing that makes Jimi Hendrix so great is the feeling and emotion he conveys in his playing (as well as his singing, listen to Angel). His playing is based around blues, it's not a particularly complicated genre of music to play, it's about feeling. Yet he also had the ability to span over many other styles and genres, while still maintaining that feel. He also broke a lot of ground in technique and effects that is still affecting music today, and that is what makes him a "god".
Last edited by Andrew07 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by captainoid

whoa whoa whoa! that's not what I meant at all. I love Hendrix's music, and from the interviews I've seen he sounds like a really cool cat. Just because his playing isn't extremely technical doesn't mean he's overrated. He was very talented and I think it's quite fitting when people say he was a guitar-god.

Quote by TimboSlice

Frusciante, while I love him, was pretty drugged out in those days. He also said that, as you said, he thought that in his early musical development days.

I suppose then the difficult part when playing Little Wing is playing it with "emotion" whatever that means. I agree though. The first time I heard Little Wing I was stunned. It was one of the most beautiful songs I had ever heard.

I dont quite understand what you said about Frusciante.

Quote by edg
Let's hear you play it then. Turn on a metronome, and just play the intro, IN TIME.

If it were so easy, I don't know why I'd hear SO many bad versions of it.

I'd really like to upload a clip of me playing it but I dont have an amp

... I know Playing guitar without sound has been extremely frustrating.

I haven't heard any "bad" covers of the song from all of the clips I've seen on youtube. There are some that are better than others, but I;m yet to see any that are just plain bad. None of the ones that I have seen are identical to the original either which I like.
Last edited by flea's trumpet at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by flea's trumpet
can someone explain to me why people have this belief that Little Wing is one of the hardest songs to play ever.

I recently started learning this little ditty and discovered that it was a bit tricksy and not as simple as your open chord strum along song. But I was expecting it to be near to impossible. Am I missing something? Am I learning how to play a novice version of the song? Why are there so many people who think that they'll never be good enough to play this song? I;m really confused.

I watched a clip on youtube of John Frusciante who gave a tutorial on how he plays 'Under The Bridge' and afterwards he was talking about the song 'Little Wing' and as a kid he said that that song was in the category of "impossible to play." It's not like ... crazy shredding that would take years of practice to play, its more just a few bar chords with twiddly bits in between.

so what am I missing? Is 'Little Wing' really as hard as people make it out to be?

It's a fairly difficult song to play well and cleanly. It's not "one of the hardest songs ever", but it's not easy either.

btw TS, why get so caught up in how hard something is to play? Do you play music to enjoy it, or to brag that your awesome and can play really difficult things?

Does it fit into "advanced" technique? sure, it does as well as just about anything else posted here. It requires the skill of an experienced player for sure.... to me that means advanced.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by flea's trumpet

I haven't heard any "bad" covers of the song from all of the clips I've seen on youtube. There are some that are better than others, but I;m yet to see any that are just plain bad. None of the ones that I have seen are identical to the original either which I like.

Well, it's one thing to play your own version of it, it's quite another TRYING to play it like the original, but being unable to do so. Most of the versions I've heard, if the rhythm isn't completely off, it has a very stilted and stiff quality to it.

I'd challenge anyone to get an accurate version (Andy Alendort's is very good), and play it exactly as written to a metronome. It's not the notes that are all that difficult, but the space between them says everything about how well you really understand this piece.
Quote by flea's trumpet

here's a "bad" cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-TSQPEodiw

Nothing especially wrong, but it's timing is awfull.

and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJZbz2-8Ds&feature=related
|
Quote by Jamingguitarist

Oh my god.
Do people not watch what they put up beforehand?
I would be embarrassed as **** if I played like that and it was up for everybody to see.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by GuitarMunky
It's a fairly difficult song to play well and cleanly. It's not "one of the hardest songs ever", but it's not easy either.

btw TS, why get so caught up in how hard something is to play? Do you play music to enjoy it, or to brag that your awesome and can play really difficult things?

Does it fit into "advanced" technique? sure, it does as well as just about anything else posted here. It requires the skill of an experienced player for sure.... to me that means advanced.

I suppose you're right about playing it well and cleanly is the difficult part. I'm also excited to discover a personal and unique way of playing it, because it's all about adding your own inflection, right?

umm, to be honest I'm really not bragging how "awesome" I am [it sounds weird to say that because I am very far from being an awesome player, but hopefully I'll get there with enough practice], I'm just excited that I have learned how to play this song because I've been wanting to for years and now I finally can. I'm not hung up on how hard the songs that I play are, I was just hoping to find out other UGers' opinions on the playing style that's required when tackling 'Little Wing'. I do play music to enjoy it and I hope I never become one of those arseholes who learn how to shred mindlessly just in order to impress their "friends." I really just love Jimi and 'Little Wing' and want to talk about it/him.

Quote by Jamingguitarist
here's a "bad" cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-TSQPEodiw

Nothing especially wrong, but it's timing is awfull.

see, I dunno. Maybe I don't know much about music, but I didnt mind that cover. It was played a little slower than the original but that's okay, right? And I thought the licks he did at (0:50 and 0:59) were pretty cool and fit well into the character of the song. Apart from being ugly and playing it only a little bit slowly, I didn't think he was all that terrible.
Quote by Jamingguitarist

this guy on the other hand. . . yeah, I think he was just eager to post something on youtube and decided he was ready to post Little Wing. But yeah, I noticed many things in his technique that would hinder his rhythm playing. It sounded very one dimensional and out of time and . . .yeah, he just needs to rethink the whole package there.
Last edited by flea's trumpet at Feb 19, 2009,
The wonderful thing about Jimi was his phrasing. He was just so damn lyrical. It's hard to describe, but some guys just sound like they're talking with the guitar, and I mean that literally; it's as if they're imitating a speech pattern when they play. Jimi was the master of this. Anybody who talks about his technique or lack thereof is completely missing the forest for the trees.
the song itself is not hard to play, but when you play it'll never sound the way jimi used to play it. i think thats what John meant, like you can't replicate that sound to the tee, i'd say it's impossible. that intro is just oozing out with perfection, the sound, the phrasing, everything just flows. little wing is one of those songs that you don't 100% replicate, you take the tab and put your own spin on it and make your own version.
Quote by lukeswits
the song itself is not hard to play, but when you play it'll never sound the way jimi used to play it. i think thats what John meant, like you can't replicate that sound to the tee, i'd say it's impossible. that intro is just oozing out with perfection, the sound, the phrasing, everything just flows. little wing is one of those songs that you don't 100% replicate, you take the tab and put your own spin on it and make your own version.

Well, Little Wing, like any song is one that you do what you want with. It's not like certain songs are meant for you to put your own spin on and others aren't. I alway try to emulate a song as exactly as I can, both for fun and for the sake of absorbing all the it's involved in the music. I put my creative energy into my own music and draw from all the things I've learned.

I find Little Wing fairly challenging to play exact. (not impossible for those with the determination proper playing experience.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by GuitarMunky
Well, Little Wing, like any song is one that you do what you want with. It's not like certain songs are meant for you to put your own spin on and others aren't. I alway try to emulate a song as exactly as I can, both for fun and for the sake of absorbing all the it's involved in the music. I put my creative energy into my own music and draw from all the things I've learned.

I find Little Wing fairly challenging to play exact. (not impossible for those with the determination proper playing experience.

I agree on this.

If you play a lick different because it's a bit to hard to play, then you don't learn.

You must be able to copy something perfect in order to get the fullest out of it. If you can't do this, then it means you can't play that particular rhythm/timing/notes and thus your left out on stuff.

Ofcourse if it's a bit different in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but in the long run and overall playing you won't improve, because the little details are left out.

And sometimes all the small details added up makes someone's playing characteristic and exactly a "bit different".

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by captainoid

Seriously, do you guys actually copy and paste these comments about hendrix because you are like the 1000th person to write the same Hendrix is overrated comment on UG?

Seriously, stop jumping bandwagons my friend and start thinking for yourself. That because most of UG followers say he is overrated (this word gets thrown at anyone that was a influenced to a lot of people) doesn't mean he is.
The issue with Jimi is innovation. Nobody played like him before he came along. Remember that "Are You Experienced?" came out in 1967.
Quote by TimboSlice

Frusciante wasn't drugged up back then. That was when he was a kid, he didn't get involved in drugs until he was in the Chili Peppers.

But yeah, he thought it was impossible to play because he was new to guitar then and thought there were three or so guitars playing on the track, until he saw an Indian guitarist play it at some Indian picnic.

Little Wing is a bit finicky, but it's definately not the hardest song to play.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by revtfunk
The issue with Jimi is innovation. Nobody played like him before he came along. Remember that "Are You Experienced?" came out in 1967.

This is right, but people didn't experience (no irony intended ) it, so it's hard for most people to imagine how it affected music if you were a musician or music lover in those times.

I can only use the feeling of when I heard Vai for the first time, to imagine how a musical innovation feels

I still like quite some of his songs, regardless of innovation or not.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
This is right, but people didn't experience (no irony intended ) it, so it's hard for most people to imagine how it affected music if you were a musician or music lover in those times.

I know what you're saying, but its really not that hard. Just listen to other music of the time, music before the time, and music directly after. Basically, do some investigation, and then you'll learn to appreciate it from a more educated perspective ..... it's doable, really. Most people today are capable of that type of appreciation, though it does take some effort.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 10, 2009,
Hm. I watched those covers of the song. The playing wasn't bad however they were quite out of time. I played the actual song and then the video trying to sync them up and the cover version was way behind. Metronome?
No, Hendrix is one of the most overrated musicians in the history of music. While I am not denying was a talented player indeed, I have come to realize (for I was once a ruthless fanboy myself) that he is not the God everyone thinks he is

theres not really much room for debate on this one, no one can ever replicate hendrix songs, theres always something subliminal missing which comes from the subtleties, the very slight pitch bends, slightly off beat notes, hitting the odd blocked string along with a fretted note for a little bit of a percussive sound, many more things I cant be bothered to liste and probably more still that I haven't picked up on. this comes from the fact that hedrix seemed to have almost complete familiarity with the guitar and the sounds it could make, and the feelings that he could project with those sounds, more so than any other guitarist or even any other musician from any time period that I've heard. etc etc. hes the ****ing best ever no doubt

and I'm glad you used the example of little wing because if you listen to steve vai and stevie ray vaughn (sp?) cover this song, they're both better than hendrix on a technical level as many modern guitarists are, but they can't even come close to recreating the feeling you get from the original. like i said, the subtle things make all the difference and you could spend a life time trying to figure them out and recreate them but to me thats missing the point

and everyone on UG has learned never to bring up hendrix when I'm around, fanboy would be an understatement
Quote by GuitarMunky
I know what you're saying, but its really not that hard. Just listen to other music of the time, music before the time, and music directly after. Basically, do some investigation, and then you'll learn to appreciate it from a more educated perspective ..... it's doable, really. Most people today are capable of that type of appreciation, though it does take some effort.

Well that's what I said right after that in my post.

I can imagine how it must have been, because of similar experience in seeing something done with a guitar what I've never seen before (seeing Vai play as opposed to for example blink 182)

That's why I appreciate Hendrix's stuff.

If it's hard or not, well if it wasn't hard, then this thread wasn't made Unless they all didn't try hard enough, which could very well be.

Some people don't appreciate it, because they take it for granted.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 11, 2009,
jimi overrated eh...to each his own...

try playing the solo to "hey joe" with your teeth...and make it look easy & natural...and very soulful ..showboat..of course...its jimi

play "strangers in the night" for a solo over "wild thing"..and make it work

and of course make it look like your not playing a guitar...

yeah...the more i see & hear bout this hendrix guy...the more i think he is just a hack player..

play well

wolf
Actually I prefer SRV's version to the original.

Still, Hendrix was a great songwriter and a killer player. I do not believe he is over-rated although the Jimi-is-God crowd do get on my nerves sometimes.
Quote by Scarred_surface

Still, Hendrix was a great songwriter and a killer player. I do not believe he is over-rated although the Jimi-is-God crowd do get on my nerves sometimes.

Ye, overrated is a useless word really. It holds no musical value.

What is overrated in America is not seen overrated in for example my country.

But a lot of kids can not comprehend how big the world is, and how many difference there are.

There's this huge anti Jonas Brothers going on, but in my country, the newsreporter is more famous then them.

But America is so media driven, that you get this whole overrated/anti thing, and they can't look beyond the fame. Hell, even to become president, looking good on TV and have a smooth talk is more important then having a smart plan to rule ur country, even US's ****ed up economy is a reflection of that.

Although I do like the mindset of "the american dream", it just works on paper and not in reality, just like communism is ideal on paper, but proven it doesn't work.

My apologies for going off subject.

Hendrix was an innovator and even more an inspiration, that's what he is. He's not inspiration to anyone, okay fine, I'm not inspired by Vincent van Gogh, that doesn't mean I have to hate or badmouth him.

What does it matter what he NOT is? (for example not as technical versatile as Petrucci)

It's obviously a product of America's media, because UG-ers who can't play Sweeps or highly technical are not being bashed, because they are not famous.

Hence people should get that media influence out of their head. So what if a magazine or w/e says he's he best or not.

If you become older you'll see it was just a waste of time.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 13, 2009,
You all forgetting that he was a god in his time and that there was no other guitarist that could compete with him
Quote by Scarred_surface

The XXXX is god crowd is annoying to me as well.

Quote by Moon dog
You all forgetting that he was a god in his time and that there was no other guitarist that could compete with him

While I absolutely love Hendrix, I have to say that this is simply not true. He was indeed human, and there were other guitarists that could "compete" with him.

He was a very talented musician and entertainer though for sure. IMO, It's unnecessary and inappropriate to deify him... I'd rather just enjoy his music.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 14, 2009,
I truly love Hendix and everything he did (especially Band of Gypsies) as well. He did totally change guitar and rock music, and is definitly a competetor for the greatest ever or w/e, but there are certainly other guitarists who were at least as good and changed music as well during that time.

Duane Allman comes to mind, he reinvented the slide guitar, and so far the only other guitarist to truly hold a candle to his slide is Derek Trucks(there are excellent slide players, but just not to that level). He also melded jazz and blues in a way no one did and created "southern rock" and "jam bands". Jerry Garcia, Peter Tosh, and a few others could be put into the same group.

Now I love Hendrix and his rhythm playing and songwriting are by far my favorite aspects of his musicianship. His lead is good, especially for the time, but there are too many other lead guitarists who are more techincal and generally better (not even talking about shredders so don't take it like that).
One key thing with playing Little Wing.. and all other Hendrix songs.. is the technique he uses that most people who have been taught properly are told never to use. The people in the youtube videos posted are defnite examples of this. Jimi plays with his thumb wrapped round the neck not anchoring behind like 'you're supposed to.' Wrapping your thumb around the neck gives you sooo much more freedom when playing ryhtm guitar in the style of Hendrix and can really give you the fluidity and smoothness when trying to play Little Wing.
Quote by revtfunk

but little wing came out in axis:bold as love right? . the intro is the only troubling part, and if you really listen to the song, ive listened to it probably over 200 times or more, it'll come to you
I saw the clip with John Frusciante talking about Little Wing and Under the Bridge. It's worth watching. What he is talking about is the way Jimi would combine rhythm and lead parts at the same time. He hadn't heard anything like it before and thought that was something he would like to be able to do because it sounded great. But he thought it was rather complicated and that he would never be able to do it. As he grew as a musician he learned that style and Under the Bridge is a song where he wanted to bring in that rhythm with lead playing.

Then in the clip he plays Under the Bridge with no backing track and it sounds so fucking cool. I'll search for the clip and link it.

But first here's a you tube clip - this guy does the best Little Wing cover

Here is the John Frusciante thing he doesn't play Under the Bridge but that's what he's talking about, but he does somewhere when he's sitting on the couch and it's so cool. I found the whole bunch of these interviews quite interesting...John Frusciante on Hendrix and more
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Mar 17, 2009,
I feel tempted to copy and paste my previous comment as no one acknowledged it.
Heres one for everyone whos tired of the 'Jimi is God' crowd, either you accept that Jimi is overall the best guitarist of all time, or hes just a bit above your head. Don't worry, you might get it one day. now flame the **** out of me
Quote by nick_kcin
I feel tempted to copy and paste my previous comment as no one acknowledged it.
Heres one for everyone whos tired of the 'Jimi is God' crowd, either you accept that Jimi is overall the best guitarist of all time, or hes just a bit above your head. Don't worry, you might get it one day. now flame the **** out of me

LOl, worst trolling i've seen in ages.

"Either you accept that he is the best guitarist, or he's too big for you. You might get it one day".

That's pure propaganda right there.

It's like saying;

"Accept there's a god, or he's above your head, you might turn christian one day"

Another;

In the time of Hitler;

"Accept that the jews are bad, if you don't it goes beyond ur head, one day you will understand"

This is not a choice, it's a catch 22 with a no-win situation.

If you accept it, you will disregard ur own belief, but if you deny it, other people make you think ur beliefs are of no value, which could lead into believing their ideas, because of confusion.

It's the basics of propaganda, that generally spawns/brings up hate in humans.

bad bad bad

The acceptance of Jimi's skill is completely irrelevant media driven bs anyway. What does it matter how you name/see/worship him? His music will stay/sound exactly the same, so it's pure mind****ing, lol.

Luckily ur no politician or famous, so you won't have a big influence, so I still like you

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 19, 2009,
its not really like that at all because its an open minded comparison, I said it to be disagreed with really because i'd like a discussion on who could possibly be considered better and why, but about the best arguement I'm hearing is "he was good back in the day but now people are way better" type thing

The acceptance of Jimi's skill is completely irrelevant media driven bs anyway

no its quite the opposite from the way I see it, the pop culture perception that Jimi is the best guitarist ever creates more of a backlash from guitarists than anything, it contributes to the fact that pretty much everyone accepts that he was great, which is a good thing (as opposed to Jimmy Page for example, plenty of people think hes ****), but you always hear these comments that he was a good guitarist but nowhere near the best etc etc, to me this comes mostly from people who have heard a few songs here and there or started liking him just because they 'knew' (from the media driven bs) that he was so great, but are intent on not following popular opinion as opposed to people who have got into what hes about and realised everything that sets him apart from every other guitarist and therefore are more qualified to comment. hence the above the head comment, just being a smug bastard for the sake of making a point really

if I just stumbled across his music without knowing anything about him I would be saying the exact same thing. I think charlie parr is one of the most exceptional musicians in the world, and who the **** has heard of him?
Quote by nick_kcin
its not really like that at all because its an open minded comparison, I said it to be disagreed with really because i'd like a discussion on who could possibly be considered better and why, but about the best arguement I'm hearing is "he was good back in the day but now people are way better" type thing

I don't really understand what you mean here. Why consider 1 better, what does that add to the music of Hendrix?

Quote by nick_kcin

"no its quite the opposite from the way...
...just being a smug bastard for the sake of making a point really"

if I just stumbled across his music without knowing anything about him I would be saying the exact same thing. I think charlie parr is one of the most exceptional musicians in the world, and who the **** has heard of him?

No you wouldn't. It's media drive, and that's a fact.

I will explain it simply;

If you see a guitarist as a god, does his music change, as in do the chords become different, do the solo's change, are his lyrics changing?

No it does not; The music stays the same.

So it's totally irrelevant for liking the music.

If everyone says he's a god, and therefore like his music, then the "everyone" is the media, and ur the one driven by it to accompany them by saying it also.

There's 1 true thing that you can argue about, and that's inspiration and innovation.

Innovation is arguable, because maybe someone played like Hendrix before Hendrix, but they were not popular, so I never heard of them.

He's innovative and inspiring to ME. This is different for everyone, and is opinion. He inspired me to mix lead and rhythm up, and innovative for the same reason. Further more I like quite some songs of him, just because I think they sound nice.

Saying he's a god is not opinion, but false beliefs driven by the media. Cause I don't pray to his music

Supporting this does NOTHING to his music, and is just an act of stupidness.

IF we are talking about metallica, then I might join in and say they should release a more oldskool inspired album, just for the sake so I get a new album I can enjoy.

Jimi is dead, and we have what we have and we can't change that.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 19, 2009,
No you wouldn't. It's media drive, and that's a fact.

no it isn't, I liked him but couldn't see why everyone thought he was the best ever until I listened to a few more of his songs than hey joe and foxey lady and the couple others they play on the radio every now and then.

also I never said he was god! why do you keep ripping on me for that, I said he was the best ever and thats a perfectly reasonable thing to say

I don't really understand what you mean here. Why consider 1 better, what does that add to the music of Hendrix?

it doesn't I never said it did its just what I think

If you see a guitarist as a god, does his music change, as in do the chords become different, do the solo's change, are his lyrics changing?

No it does not; The music stays the same.

So it's totally irrelevant for liking the music.

it goes the other way round really, when a musician has that much impact on you, its the most amazing thing you've ever heard and can move your emotions and all that just with some funny noises it seems almost superhuman, but its not it's just an exceptional human being with an exceptional talent and again I never said otherwise

Jimi is dead, and we have what we have and we can't change that

what a stupid thing to say, how can he die if hes god?

l0lZ jKz haha LmFAo wtf

anyway I just wanted to hear some opinions on why hes not the best ever and who is
Page 1 of 2