i am looking for a good but not too expensive guitar so i am thing of getting a black and chrome special addition strat
ive researched it and it seems reasonable for $200
has anyone owned one? if you have do you think its good for the price?
thanks
Last edited by an1ka at Feb 18, 2009,
They are good starter guitars most people on UG started playing on one
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i like most people started on a squier strat, still one of the best necks i've felt. my brothers' strat feels terrible though. squiers are hit and miss so if you can try it first they're a good deal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
^ Perfectly right.

A lot of people complain about the neck on Squiers, especially the ones with rosewood boards. Most of them will say that bending on the boards feels like bending on sandpaper or a cheese grater. Mine, however, is butter smooth, and looks way better than any maple neck.

Those are also pretty cool looking guitars. I'd go for it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
If I were to buy a squire I'd personally go for a classic vibe model,great guitars for the money IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Again, like others have said it's hit and miss. I've played some terrible Squiers, but a few of my friends have had pretty decent ones. If you can, actually physically play the guitar and get a feel for it before you buy.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
its a great starter guitar, its decent for the price, get it, but stay away from the squire strat "starter packs" their awful