I have a chance to pick up a Marshall JCM 600 head for cheap, but will not have the chance to try it out. Are they decent amps? How is the reliability? Would they be able to pull off Aerosmith, Tesla, Poison type stuff well? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
how cheap?

ummm i dunno if u can pull that sort of music off as i don't play that however i do like my JCM 600, it is quite bright, very bright actually, i lvoe the clean channel it's very good especially for a marshall, the notes are full and clear an you can mskr it oevrdrive with humbuckers, it's really responsive to the way you play, the gain channel is not really powerfull, there is a little trick you can do to increase the gain but it's certainly no jcm 800, i find mine a tad too bright on gain so i have it set up for a real dirty garage rock, white stripes kinda sound and use big monter fuzz pedal for real rockin', go check out some vids on youtube and reveiws aroudn the net to find out more
Not to contribute, I'm kind of weak on older Marshall knowledge, but aren't the JCM600's extremely similar to the Plexis. They're around the same time period.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
If it's a rebranding of the JTM60 then it's actually really good.
I just hope it had updated reliability over the JTM. People said that it kept breaking down, and tubes got really hot after like 20 mins.

But yeah the JTM60 has a great sound for rock and pretty good cleans from what I heard. If the JCM600 is a remake/rebrand then I'd think it's good.

my $0.02
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Thanks for the responses. I can get it for around $350 or so. I think I will pull the trigger. Even if I don't like it I should be able to get out of it what I have into it.
There's probably a reason why most people know the JCM800 and JCM900, but not the JCM600. Just an observation.
Quote by MESAexplorer
Not to contribute, I'm kind of weak on older Marshall knowledge, but aren't the JCM600's extremely similar to the Plexis. They're around the same time period.

Plexis - '65 to '69
JCM600s - early to mid '90s

JCM600 was kind of like Marshall's lower end tube line.
Ah, thanks.

I figured it was like the JCM800 in the 80s' 900 in the 90's and 2000 in 2000.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio