well i bought this pedal, and honestly I dont like the sound at all not that great of a simulation so im think of selling it.
It does have its advantages like i can can the sound instantly instead of stopping and grabbing an acoustic on stage.

Any advice?
27mMoV31II7.a2
It does not simulate an acoustic guitar very well. It sounds decent, but the change in tone is so tiny that I feel it is not very necessary.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
It does not simulate an acoustic guitar very well. It sounds decent, but the change in tone is so tiny that I feel it is not very necessary.

Imo it doesnt even sound too decent hahaha just the convinience is ok.
Im just worried that I may regret selling it...so im making sure on UG
27mMoV31II7.a2
i'd get a piezo equipped bridge instead. it sounds much better. the boss acoustic simulator just makes your guitar sound thin
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i'd get a piezo equipped bridge instead. it sounds much better. the boss acoustic simulator just makes your guitar sound thin

get a piezo on electric?? cool didnt know that
the acoustic sim can make it sound big (body knob) but imo its just not that tweakable and overall it sounds not too great
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
get a piezo on electric?? cool didnt know that
the acoustic sim can make it sound big (body knob) but imo its just not that tweakable and overall it sounds not too great

yeah you can get a piezo bridge on your guitar (i'm assuming the strat you have)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/LR-Baggs-XBridge-for-Fender-American-Standard-Strat?sku=307100

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fishman-TSV-Powerbridge?sku=303125

they require a preamp you have to buy seperate though.

i tried the ac-2 and the ac-3 various times and i always found it to be thin sounding on all modes. maybe it's just me
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Piezos are sick. The guitarist in my band has one in his MM Stilleto Custom and it is sick. Makes cleans super sparkly and nice.
Quote by SomebodySomeone
yeah you can get a piezo bridge on your guitar (i'm assuming the strat you have)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/LR-Baggs-XBridge-for-Fender-American-Standard-Strat?sku=307100

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fishman-TSV-Powerbridge?sku=303125

they require a preamp you have to buy seperate though.

i tried the ac-2 and the ac-3 various times and i always found it to be thin sounding on all modes. maybe it's just me

Those look pretty insane but im not much of a guitar tech, it'll probably cost more for a tech to put it in for me eh?
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Piezos are sick. The guitarist in my band has one in his MM Stilleto Custom and it is sick. Makes cleans super sparkly and nice.

theres a piezo feature on the AC3 i just realized....and i tried it
OMG it sounds badddddddd
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
Those look pretty insane but im not much of a guitar tech, it'll probably cost more for a tech to put it in for me eh?

all it takes is a bit of soldering skills really. all you're really doing is removing your bridge for the piezo equipped one, and wiring a few cables.

Quote by Antimage27
theres a piezo feature on the AC3 i just realized....and i tried it
OMG it sounds badddddddd

that piezo setting on the AC-3 doesn't do the REAL piezo bridge any justice.

check out graphtech's vid on their piezo.

they have 2 preamps for their piezo saddles, acoustiphonic, which is your traditional piezo preamp and the hexaphonic preamp, which is a MIDI preamp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhGA1c3E47c
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Antimage27
how much is the graph tech one?

abit more. it's like 120 for the saddles and 100 for the preamp kit.

the only thing i don't like about graphtech's strat piezos is the fact that they only come in black saddles and not full bridge assemblies. due to that, you'll see six thin cables sticking out of your bridge like the one in the vid.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
abit more. it's like 120 for the saddles and 100 for the preamp kit.

the only thing i don't like about graphtech's strat piezos is the fact that they only come in black saddles and not full bridge assemblies. due to that, you'll see six thin cables sticking out of your bridge like the one in the vid.

but according to him the product is better than other ones cuz you can strum as hard and not ....something
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
but according to him the product is better than other ones cuz you can strum as hard and not ....something

well anyone will tell you their product is better than the others

it's up to you to decide. for me at least, the fact that your strat will look a bit weird with black saddles while everything else is chrome, is a turn off. but that's just me.

although it is recommendable to not judge a product by aesthetic appearance. graphtech is a very reputable company so i'm sure it will sound better in the long run.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock