so a couple of days ago, i was asking on ug what guitar to buy. i had my mind set on the takamine acoustic/electric. then i got convinced by ug for a taylor dreadnought.

but after guitarcenters visit, the employee convinced me to drop 1700 on a guitar. more than double than what i had planned to pay for.

so i bought the Martin DC16RGTE for about $1600 flat after negotiating with the manager.

was that a good deal?
I don't know. I'm not a Martin guy. The main question is are you happy with it, or was there something else you liked better before you were talked into the Martin? Did you play everything in the acoustic room to make sure you got what you wanted, or did you just go in and play the Taylors and the Martin?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
That's a pretty good price in today's economy. It was $1600-$1700 CAD(when the dollar values were equal) back in april of last year when I bought my Martin D-16RGT(for about $1150). The $400 difference is the electronics and cutaway. I'd say you got a pretty good deal.

Congrats, and make sure you post up some pics!
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
A better deal, actually, IMHO. I find Taylors to be a bit muddy and no volume. See my sig, I'm biased for Martin. Gotta have volume to be heard over a banjo or a fiddle.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Well, hate to rain on your parade... but;

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-DC16GTE-Premium-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=511184

You could've gotten it for $100 cheaper, brand new, with a case and a 12pack of strings, and have 45 days to try it before deciding if you want it or not. You might want to return it.
Last edited by Acoustic_Drew at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Acoustic_Drew
Well, hate to rain on your parade... but;

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-DC16GTE-Premium-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=511184

You could've gotten it for $100 cheaper, brand new, with a case and a 12pack of strings, and have 45 days to try it before deciding if you want it or not. You might want to return it.

GC has always matched competitors sales for me, I'd print that and take it in.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by Natrone
I don't know. I'm not a Martin guy. The main question is are you happy with it, or was there something else you liked better before you were talked into the Martin? Did you play everything in the acoustic room to make sure you got what you wanted, or did you just go in and play the Taylors and the Martin?

and yes. i'm incredibly happy with it. i had a cheap ibanez acoustic before, and from that to this guitar seems like a huge upgrade. it sounds so much brighter and louder :]
Quote by DannyRL
Oh no, i got the Martin dc-16Rgte.

the link didn't have an "r" in it. don't know if it has a difference or not. but its this one, looks different.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DC16RGTEA

The difference is Rosewood, which is a $200 difference between the D-16GT($1000) and the D-16RGT($1200)
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by DannyRL
and yes. i'm incredibly happy with it. i had a cheap ibanez acoustic before, and from that to this guitar seems like a huge upgrade. it sounds so much brighter and louder :]

pretty much anything is a step up from an Ibanez acoustic
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray