Great band, but unfortunately already a thread. Hate to be that guy haha.
I saw them with This is Hell and War Pigs in a basement with a crowd of about 20. They put on a solid performance and were nice guys.
my bad, I'm usually really good about searching.

I've been on b9 a lot lately
That loser shit's right out the window!
Cause too many kids like kse and as I lay dying and don't have any clue of the differences between metalcore and hardcore.
Quote by birdman267
Cause too many kids like kse and as I lay dying and don't have any clue of the differences between metalcore and hardcore.

I was gonna say "welcome to UG," but I've corrected it to "Welcome to music."
Although I gotta say, KsE and AILD were the stereotypical metalcore back in the day, but I think they could be replaced with TDWP and Underoath.
technically, this is a hardcore/metalcore forum if you read the subscript, but i'd like to seperate the two if that's possible.
I don't intend to start some sort of flame war or anything, but I'm getting a bit tired of threads with titles like this one or posts like this:

There are more fans of ****ty metalcore on this board than there are of actual hardcore.

Yes, this is the hardcore forum, but it's also the only place metalcore and deathcore and whatever else can be discussed, and whether or not you fans of actual hardcore like those genres or not, some people do. They're not trying to bother you or waste your precious virtual space, they come here just to talk about bands they like, just like you do. So despite the fact that it's called the hardcore forum, you don't own it and you have no right to act like elitists.

Again, none of this is meant to be a rant or to provoke an argument, and it's not even really directed at the TS, just at a bunch of small comments I've seen over the course of my time here like the one in the title and the one that I quoted. I agree with the post above me, a far better solution that would satisfy everyone would be to separate them into two forums, but we're all here for now, and we all have a right to be.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I say we hogtie the metalcore section, beat it and rape it a little and leave it for dead in the emo forum.
Quote by XMeatHookMartyX
I say we hogtie the metalcore section, beat it and rape it a little and leave it for dead in the emo forum.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think it should be divided thusly:

Punk and Pop Punk
Hadcore, Emo and Screamo
Metalcore and pop screamo
Metal and Deathcore
Quote by aggiefan33
Hey, now don't leave good metalcore in the dust!

Well we cant exactly have a forum for good metalcore and a forum for other metalcore. All or nothing.
Either way, the hardcore forum would probably still house bands like Integrity and Shai Hulud, the same way the metal forum allows certain deathcore bands.
If I may, I suggest that all this new metalcore take on a similar title as watered down metal in the 90's took and get the prefix "nu." If metal can have a clear distinction between metal and nu-metal, I'll be damned if we can't have one as well.
Quote by JxD
If I may, I suggest that all this new metalcore take on a similar title as watered down metal in the 90's took and get the prefix "nu." If metal can have a clear distinction between metal and nu-metal, I'll be damned if we can't have one as well.

That's actually a decent plan.
Quote by saxaxe

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think it should be divided thusly:

Punk and Pop Punk
Hadcore, Emo and Screamo
Metalcore and pop screamo
Metal and Deathcore

The true pr0nx were upset at all of the Green Day and Blink-182 threads
and I guess people couldn't handle that Emo is a (sub-branch) of Hardcore

Plus, now a days "Pop Punk" and "Emo" are basically the same thing
(err, I'm talking like 4th Wave Emo, if it should even be called that)

I do think Deathcore should be in the Metal forum though
(it is only Death "core" because the Metal people don't like it
(well, I don't like it either..))

True metalcore is a really tough one.. I'm not sure.

But the problem lies in the bands that aren't really Hardcore, Metalcore, whatever-core; they don't have anywhere to go. Right now, with the 'core' forum, it gives these bands a place to be (Iono, Jizz-fusion fap-core?.. Er, I mean Progressive Metalcore, of course!)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Aw man, I DID start something...

If nobody's in the mood to go rearranging forums and making new ones, the very least we could do is change the name of this forum to the "-Core" forum or something...
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
It is slowly killing me knowing that the music I have devoted so much time to is even loosely associated with the travesty that is "nu-metalcore." I would rather die than allow this new wave of watered down metal bands and bad death-metal bands to be lumped into something I love so dearly.
I will now activate my flame shield. Deathcore and good metalcore>Boring power chord abuse of straight hardcore. Killswitch has ****tons more musical talent than CDC, Minor Threat, and Black Flag combined. And "bad death-metal bands" totally rape all. Beneath the Massacre > Straight Hardcore

Good Game.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by IbanezSA160a
I will now activate my flame shield. Deathcore and good metalcore>Boring power chord abuse of straight hardcore. Killswitch has ****tons more musical talent than CDC, Minor Threat, and Black Flag combined. And "bad death-metal bands" totally rape all. Beneath the Massacre > Straight Hardcore

Good Game.

1. It's not about musical talent
2. CDC is god awful
3. Then why are you here?
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Good Game.

I used to think the same thing. You'll get it one day.
That loser shit's right out the window!
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Someone's been listening to too much Headbangers Ball. But I digress, your opinion is wrong.
Isn't it great how we all have our own opinions, none of which are better than anyone else's?

I regret saying anything now...
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Isn't it great how we all have our own opinions, none of which are better than anyone else's?

This.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I regret saying anything now...

No, actually you can't have an opinion